Chapter Seventeen

We know for a fact the we have different mouths.

A. There's a mouth that is so sealed, it takes a crowbar to open them wide.

And of course...

B. There's a mouth that are always open, a fly can come inside any second now.

Just kidding!

I mean, you have to plaster scotch tape all over it.

Now the question is, am I Mouth A or a Mouth B?

The honest answer?

ALL OF THE ABOVE! Seriously.

The real deal is, my mouth is an atomic bomb.

In the Pinoy version, "sabog!"

My mouth can burst words that doesn't make any sense at all.

Like if I say those dance moves are redundant and plain boring, they would say that's what they do for a living and people love those moves.

I for one think I don't have a mouth that gave birth from the Cold War. I guess I'm just a very opinionated person. I express what I think, say or feel.

If I say something wrong about what I've said, they think I'm already an awful person. But if I say something right, they think I speak words of Albert Einstein or Thomas Edison.

I guess people sometimes agree or don't agree with me. But you know what, that's fine.

Although what really bothers me the most is that people wished I should be the quiet kid like before.

Um what?

Back then, I was really quiet. Like silence was my bestfriend. Since I was in mother's womb actually.

I remember my mom telling me that she thought I was a dead fetus because she couldn't feel a kick from me.

My dad once told me; out of the 10,000 sperms, I was the first one to finish the race. Hmm, I guess speed and agility is the number one requirement. But I don't want to talk about that stuff.

Change subject!

I was really "mahinhin" (modest or ladylike) as well. Heck, I even had a "Most Patient" award during my elementary years.

I don't know why but I like being alone and all to myself. I think it makes the world a better place and gives me a lot of time to think about my life.

I guess a lot of thoughts filled my insides, it had the urge to come out of the shell continuously.

This is one of the things that confuses me a lot.

Should I speak my heart out or keep those theories to myself?

Maybe I shouldn't be stressing too much.

Ooh speaking of stress, did you know? Stress has been called "the silent killer" and can lead to heart disease, high blood pressure, chest pain, and an irregular heartbeat.

So that answers my question. I don't want to get sick just because of the "silent killer". Maybe it's okay to be loud every once in a while. Just know your limitations.

Another fact? You can also be stressed by not being stressed.

Say what?

I don't believe there's not one person in this world who is not stressed. If there were, they should be dead by now.

Speaking of which, I've listed 12 things "stressers" like me can relate to.

I know it's summer but I've been stressing for quite some time. About going to college and entering the "real world" (So what I've been living since then? Dream land?)

So tell me if you agree with me, loves!

1. Caffeine is its own food group.

Coffee, tea, whatever. If it has caffeine, GIVE IT TO ME.

2. The smallest things can irritate you

Even if there's silence, it literally blows you up.

3. Something completely ridiculous I will make you snap.

I've once had a "one-touch-bomb" breakdown. I was on full silent treatment for a 24 hours. My little brother touched my shoulder....You don't want to know what happened next.

4. You don't know what sleep is.

When the clock strikes 5 am, "Time for bed!" Lol.

5. "Relaxing" makes you more stressed because you feel like you should be doing something.

Random facts about me: I feel absolutely guilty if I'm doing nothing.

6. If you're not doing three things at once, you're doing it wrong.

I think I deserve an award for multi-tasking.

7. Headaches are the norm for you.

Three years ago, I experienced a huge deal of migraine. It drove me crazy. I was on medication even without daily check ups. Like I can't leave the house without any Advil or painkillers in my bag.

Now, I experience headaches without even feeling I had one. Crazy!

8. You freak about making plans because it's another thing you have to do.

Especially if its last minute. Ugh. I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS.

9. You might accidentally lash out at people.

I really have to work on this issue of mine. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was stressed.

10. Or exhibit some bad habits.

When I'm stressed, I have a bad habit to fidget. A lot!!! Bite my nails, twirl my hair, play my lips. Anything that makes people annoyed.

11. You feel like there's never enough time in the day.

Every time. Can I get, like, five more hours?

12. You have to remind yourself to breathe.

One night, I was on my bed covering myself with the bedsheets, closed my eyes and try to sleep. Sooner I realize, I was thinking about a lot of things, I forgot to breathe. I felt like I was gonna die if I didn't intake oxygen.

I swear, breathing that time was the best gift God has ever given me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Relate much?

I'm in such a bad mood today.

Don't want to talk about it. I'll just let out the pain by playing video games.

*brofist moment*

Enjoy the night while it lasts.

Till the next odyssey!

-Captainnamerika 😘