Chapter Fifteen

Last night, I couldn't sleep. I don't know why.

Every night, I like to just lay down, cuddle the fluffiest pillow I could find and daydream about my Prince Charming.

Or my past Prince Charming.

I didn't know if my past relationship was just a summer fling that ended in the middle of the school semester. It's been months. But at least we remained the best of friends. Every day, we talk to each other, laugh, share our thought, utter sweet nothings and curse. A LOT.

I remembered the things he told me the last time we talked...

Me: You love me?

Him: *shocked* *smiled*

Me: What? I'm waiting...

Him: Yes, I do. Best girl evah!

Him: You're the best like the best in friends. Behind the looks, lies a much beautiful person.

We've agreed that we love each other not as friends. Cause it pretty much sucks!

We were both retarded. But we really did loved each other. It was like a kind of love that Wattpad would just sit here with dreamy eyes while writing my story.

And I couldn't forget the things he told me when we had our misunderstanding that lead to our breakup:

Him: "Ofcourse. Explain when you already can. Take your time. I love you. Remember that. "

"Haha, alright sweetie. Goodnight! I love you! See ya! <3"

He would tell me that every night. And I would always close my eyes with a smile on my face. It was one of the best nights of my life.

We were such a big influence to each other. He's the reason why I'm downright crazy and express myself to the freest. In return, I've open his heart and let him express himself through poetry.

And of course, we had our cute nicknames and activities. We would MMS to each other, sending memes, funny pics and videos, love quotes and of course, our fave music. He was the one who introuduced me to dubstep and trap which I'm personally now, obsessed with it.

Then one time, he sent me a picture of a baby koala hugging a branch of tree.

He told me how much he wanted to cuddle me. I remembered the first time we did it.

I've met up with him to give him some cupcakes and chatted a bit. I was about to leave and turned when huge arms wrapped around my chest for a minute. It was a bit awkward. But I really liked it.

He said that he was the baby koala and I was the branch. Just like that cute critter, he would spend all day doing nothing but cuddle up to that smooth branch. Just the thought of it gave me butterflies.

It's amazing how one perfect moment can change your life completely. Moving on was a big step for me and fortunately, I've succeeded. Unfortunately though, I couldn't feel it anymore.

I forgot how it feels to fall in love. It was like a huge shot of anesthesia that left me numb for a very long time.

I've always told myself that love was just a barrier from getting things that I want. But once I'm under its spell, it changes everything on my perspective about love.

At the end of day, I was right.

But I wouldn't let a good experience get the best of me. We've had our good times. It doesn't matter how it started, but how we finish it with a bang.

The greatest lesson I've learned is that you shouldn't let something go for good. May it be a memory, a souvenir even. Keep in touch with them. No matter how much it hurts, they've left a permanent mark in our hearts.

Just a thought though, if you're going to bid each other goodbye (or a see you,) do something sentimental like writing poetry or a note. It's much more easier and really comes from the heart.

It feels good though to know that a guy admits he's weak and honestly tells you that you're being mean and cynical when things get out of hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not saying that I missed my ex but I'm just reminiscing. No harm done.

Now, time to leave the blues and get out of town. Cause it's time to celebrate!! Annually, we go to this festival just cause. We like to go there and walk around.

What are you going to do tonight?

Till the next odyssey!

-Captainnamerika 😘