Chapter Eight

Me and my dad we're walking around the mall; doing errands like buying groceries and printing his calling cards for the business. After everything was done, we decided to go home. Then we passed this store.

Suddenly. . .

"Captainnamerika, that looks good. Let's check it out." My dad pleaded.

Before my eyes, I saw a red, satin chiffon dress perfectly worn on a mannequin against the glass of a pink-and-white-themed boutique.

"Dad, I'm not in the mood."

My dad went to the mannequin and touched the dress.

"Why don't you try it on, baby?"

A saleslady came up. "May I help you, sir?"

"Yes, can you get us this dress so that my daughter will try it on?"

"Of course. Be back a minute."

"Dad, are you kidding me? That dress looks so short and skimpy. It's what grown-ups would wear."

"That's the point. It's time for you to dress like a lady."

"By looking like a slut?" I snapped.

The saleslady came to us with the dress. My dad grabbed it.

"You wouldn't know if you really look like a slut if you don't try it on."

I looked at my dad then to the dress then back to my dad hesitantly. Giving up, I snatched the dress from my dad and groaned loudly as I entered the dressing room. Like a spoilt brat running to her room and slamming the door right on her parent's nose. Rude much?

I took off my black sequined Mickey Mouse tank top and denim shorts, leaving me only in my matching black lace bra and panties. I frowned at the dress as it was my worst enemy. But I know my fidgeting won't help in not wearing that dress. So I took the dress off the hanger and tried it on. Zipping on my dress, I turned around to check myself on the mirror.

Okay, the dress looks nice but I think it shows a bit of my legs. I bit my lip in confusion if I should put it down cause I thought it was way too short.

"Are you ready to come out?" My father yelled.

"Yeah, give me a second."

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. Is it really the time for me to dress like a woman? I'm only 16. Is it the appropriate age? I let my curiosity pass and just go on with it. I opened the door and walked step by step to my dad.

I raised my hands in defense. "I'll admit. I don't think I look like half of a slut in this dress."

My dad chuckled and looked at me from head to toe. "Turn around, dear."

I turned around slowly. "Does it look okay? I think it shows my legs a bit more, don't you think?"

My dad eyed my legs warily. "Well, of course it shows! It's because you have long legs."

"I guess."

"Do you want it?" My dad asked.

"Do you think I should?"

"Whatever it is, it's really up to you. But for me, you look gorgeous in that dress."

I smiled. I really felt insecure about my body image for years. I wouldn't show my legs, back or tummy. But I'm glad my dad helped me boost my confidence. I had to admit, I looked damn sexy on that dress. And it looked like it was custom-made. The best part, it was on sale! Everything was in tip-top shape and all I had to is make a decision.

I've made up my mind. "I'll take it."

My dad sighed in relief. "Great. Since you put it that way, I've picked out some other dresses that will totally look good on you." A saleslady came to me with a mountain-tower of dresses on her arms.

I widened my eyes in shock. "I have to wear all of that?" I pointed my finger to the bucketload of clothing.

My dad nodded and tapped on his watch. "We've got all the time in the world."

That "time in the world" took 2 hours and 45 minutes. I came out of the store with five shopping bags. I think I've spent P10,000 including the dresses, bikinis, and accessories. I never splurge on something big always. But I felt it was nature's calling that I've stepped on that store. Maybe it's okay to spoil yourself a little. And be a big girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, loves! Do you like the chapter? Sorry if it was too short. I was at work. And *ahem* dancing all night.

This night felt so freeing and rebellious. The dancefloor can also be a great place to meet people. Some young and old people, hot guys or even drunk perverts. But, whatever. Dancing is like my escape to all of the stresses and problems this world has to offer.

So excited for tomorrow!

Bikinis and big booties, y'all. That's what life is all about!

Till the next odyssey!

-Captainnamerika 😘