Chapter Fourteen

I was alone at home.

I had nothing to do.

I couldn't think of anything else....but food.

I went to the fridge and grab as many leftovers as I can: a piece of chicken, three pieces of pancakes, a bowl of oatmeal, a jug of water, butter and maple syrup.

I ate to my heart's content while watching MasterChef and Regular Show. I was on cloud nine.

After a few minutes, I laid down on my back and rubbed my tummy.

Life's greatest pleasures...

The clock strikes 5:30. The alarm blared the quiet room. I hit the Stop button.

Time to walk the dogs out.

I went to the dresser and grabbed some jean shorts to wear over my boxer shorts. I grabbed my iPod and sneakers. I was good to go.

I hold on to my Yorkie and laid her on the road. Lastly, I grabbed the denim-toned leash and wrapped it around the neck of the snow-white Japanese peach.

Both of them ran excitedly, as usual.

The Yorkie's hobby is to wander and sniff around. While the Japanese peach's hobby is to wander and pee all over the place, especially on car tires.

I had full control of the Japanese peach and he's usually the one who takes lead, while the Yorkie falls behind. Every five minutes, I would always look behind my back to see if she's still there.

This habit of mine has been going on for a long time. At some point, I've never grew tired of it. I love my dogs. I used to despise them. A LOT. But right now, these lovely canines are my babies.

I love them. They love me back. As simple as that. No need for a complicated relationship.

But I've always seen the different kind of love from dogs. Of course, I've seen them hump at each other and sniff each other's butt.

But what I've really noticed is their instinct. For example, if you face my dog to your dog, they could either do two of these things; One, they could bark at each other and rip each other's eyes out. Two, they could just stare at each other and give some puppy love.

For my dogs, they have this mutual love for each other despite their differences like their breed and age gap. They do everything together.

Especially today. When I see something unusual in the real world, but something magical in my own world.

As I've said, the Japanese peach leads first, while the Yorkie falls behind. In about 1 meter or so, the peach would come to a complete halt. I thought he was just stopping to sniff or pee. But no. He just stopped.

And suddenly, he looked back.

I couldn't help but looked back as well.

There she was...my Yorkie running to us.

And the Japanese peach waited for her. For almost five minutes.

I don't know about you, but that moment literally blew me away.

It got me thinking, what if there was someone who would wait for me. Even just for five minutes. Better yet, even for five years.

I'm not saying that I plan to love a checklist but I believe that in every person's whole being, the virtue of patience is very deep.

If someone told me that I was worth the wait, (and REALLY DID wait for me.) I would love that person forever.

Nobody, not one person EVER waited for me. They would give up on me easily that I sometimes ask myself:

Am I being unfair?

Am I too demanding?

Am I a little overboard?

I'm not being a whine baby about it. I just wished it would happen.

And if it did happen, it would be as magical as what happened between the two dogs.

At this moment, I don't want to overthink. I want to live.

I have a long way to go. And I know someday, I would have my happily (not-so) ever after.

I would just wait. And let my dogs be my boyfriend.

Or anything that makes me happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is just a thought I would like to share to all of you, loves.

I don't know if the world gets too bored or if I'm making people wait for an eternity.

I guess this confusion of mine would vanish into thin air if I should just sleep it off.

College life is just days waiting. I could hear their sweet calls. My heart is pumping, I couldn't wait.

Maybe I shouldn't be too excited. For now, I would enjoy this unforgettable summer with a fling to spare.

Till the next odyssey!

-Captainnamerika 😘