Chapter Eleven (Part 2)

While we were up the escalator. . .

"Mom, ever had abs when you were young?"

"Yes, I did."

"Dang! How did you do it?"

"I was an athlete and I did a lot of sports like volleyball and basketball."

"No workouts?"

"What's that?"

"Uhm, nevermind."

Just a LOL moment for you, loves! Especially to all those people who had a tiring day today.

Okay, so here's Part 2. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Captainnamerika, wake up!" I bet my mom screamed that line for about 10 times.

I snuggled at my fluffy floral blanket as it was Cuddles or my dog, Coffee. With the cool air whistling through my skin, my body was still buried alive on my bed. I seriously don't want to get up.

If the sun isn't coming up, so am I.

No matter how much I'm baffled into not getting up, I know I still have to. My alter ego suddenly invaded my sleepy mind.

"Girl, you gotta get up. It's not that hard. All you have to do is wash your face and brush your teeth. You can continue your sleeping session in the car."

There's nothing more I can rely to but my alter ego. I know most alter egos are like the total enemy of a person's whole being. But Arie (that's what I call her) is like my best friend. That is, I'm the only one who feels and hears her.

I did a mental nod and got up. I rubbed my eyes and squinted it a few more times just to woke myself up. Ugh, I'm sure my eye bags already have bags itself. I reminded myself to bring my sunglasses cause I'll be wearing them all day.

I saw my sissy (with only a towel wrapped around herself) came to my room and grabbed the facial moisturizer from my nightstand. Seriously? I gave her my death glare as she squirted a bit on her fingers and applied it to her blemished face which was full of acne two years ago. I'm so glad I didn't experience that kind of nightmare on my skin. (Thanks to my mom's flawless face) I could practically leave my face bare and call it a day. But touch my moisturizer and I'll mean business. That's the only thing I put on my face compared to my sister's 25-product-skin-regime.

I pulled off the same look to her the moment she touched my precious skin product. After a few seconds, she looked at me and got the hint.

She just shrugged with a smug look. "What? I ran out. Now stop giving me that look of yours and get ready. We leave in half an hour." She skipped as she left the room, leaving me annoyed.

I sighed and ignored my sister's crazy ways. At the first place, I seriously don't want to argue. Again, I hated the drama. Instead, I went straight to my bathroom and did my business.

Five minutes later, I came out leaving me in nothing but a cotton bathrobe. The first thing I saw was my mom's back in a black t-shirt and blue denim jeans, fixing something on my now-made bed which I'm certain that she did herself. My mamacita knows me best: A huge living mess with two left feet. She sensed my presence and turned around.

"Good, you're almost ready. I've picked out some clothes for you. Breakfast is at the table as well. See you in a few."

"Uh, great. Thanks! I'll be down in a minute." I smiled.