Chapter Five

The funny thing in this world is that wherever you are across the universe, whether 6500 miles away, both of them still has the chance to bump into each other as if fate really made its vacation a little longer than usual in real life.

----------------------------------

Frankie had a blast in his trip to the heart of Indonesia. Jakarta is the jack of all trades as it stands as the center of the nation's economics and politics, modern music and sound, and its lively creative industry.

Travel-wise, Jakarta is difficult to get around for Frankie because of the dense car and motorbike population. He intended to stay in a hotel in an area where he spent most of his time checking out conferences or business meetings, for shopping or exhibitions, while allowing time for exploring the city or for sightseeing to particular days only when he has more time to spare.

For sure, Jakarta will be Frankie's first and last destination. But with the itinerary planned and all, Frankie traveled all over the U.S. which includes L.A., California, Las Vegas, New York, Atlantic City and New Jersey with pit stops to Singapore and Hong Kong. As promised, he worked from various jobs as a hotdog vendor at Gray's Papaya to a photographer/camera specialist at Kodak. He also met lots of people which were foreign to his eyes. And of course, met a lot of flings along his travels. But he wasn't the love em' and leave em' type. He made sure that she was having a good time when they're dancing the swing or boogie at the disco. It was just like Saturday Night Fever all over again but with a cooler Anthony Monero.

Before he knew it, he had finished his goal and felt proud about it. But there was one more thing left. He had to go back to Jakarta where all this time, he left his heart at that place. He'd get a better job as expected and possibly, might meet the woman he'd spend the rest of his life with.

Other than that, he wondered how Isabella was doing.

Well . . .

Isabella also had quite of a trip in Bali. She's been wearing bikinis and flip-flops for almost a year. Everything about her changed. Her long brown hair turned caramel blonde after long hours under the warm sun. Her porcelain skin tanned to caramel as well. Except for her athletic physique which gain a lot of attention to people passing by as it became more tan and toned. On the outside, she was one, hot chick on the beach. She'd meet beach hunks and muscular surfers on the bay, endlessly flirting with her and offering drinks by the bar. She appreciated the good life as a bachelorette but on the inside, after a long time of soul searching, she still feels that something is missing. Was it all worth it to be the MVP and academic scholar in one of the prestigious universities in the world, finishing a four-year accountancy course and a doctorate degree?

She would find out sooner or later in the future. Though she cannot get Frankie Birnbaum out of his head. Would he still be in Jakarta?

Fast forward two years later. . .

It was a piece of cake for Frankie to make it to the bigs as he walked to his office. He became the Marketing Manager of a multi-billion dollar company in Jakarta. With finishing his four-year course in Civil Engineering, great IT and photography skills, and an MBA degree, his boss was far from impressed.

"Good morning, Mr Birnbaum." a woman in a short business skirt and white button-up blouse which showed a bit of cleavage greeted him. He smiled back, not bothering the provocativeness of every office worker who seemed flirting with him the moment he worked there. As he grew older, he doesn't seem interested to those kinds of women anymore. Had too much probably.

He wondered though, "Is it just me or the women's skirts are getting shorter since I came here?"

Frankie decided to drop it as he entered his huge office he designed himself. After four months, the success of the company rose to prominence with his help. He'd be promoted as the executive partner but decided to spoil himself a little and remodel his office where all his blood, sweat and tears are found.