It's One of the Things (Senior Year Version) Ep.1

Senior year is not all fun and games just because it's the last year of high school. And if you think this is your last chance to do something stupid, you're wrong in so many ways! Lesson learned. I had my ups and downs but like I said, Senior year felt like prison to me. I felt like I was behind bars just by sitting down on my desk. Seriously. You have to be crucial in every move you make. Especially during graduation practice. God, I felt like breathing was illegal.

Thank the heavens I'm free though. But no matter how much I despise senior year, I kinda miss the memories. Especially the sh*t my classmates and batchmates tell me even during the first day. (Excuse my French.) I'm pretty sure every senior been and has beens experienced this.

I present to you, Captainnamerika on things High School Seniors are sick of hearing:

1. Where are you going to college?

This is the most common question. People asks this since the first day of the school till graduation day. I'm not going to lie, I'm one of those people. (What? I can't think of anything to talk about with my friends.) But I always answer this question with pride and confidence. I'm gonna put you out of all your misery cause I will be studying at Manuel S. Enverga University Foundation. You're welcome.

2. What's your course going to be?

This is the next common question people ask after they've asked Question #1.

I'mma keep this short. I'm taking up BS Mass Communication. Why? The answer you're looking for screams on what I'm doing right now. I love to write. And read, make videos, photography and the social media. Need I say more?

3. What are you wearing to prom? What are you doing for prom?

Most people didn't believe on my answer to this question. Probably because they think I'm always the queen bee when it comes to prestigious events. Okay, I'm going to answer this in the most honest way. I told them I didn't know what I was going to wear or my plans for prom like who's going to make my dress or do my hair and make-up. I didn't had the time and money. It was kind of weird. I've been dreaming about the perfect prom and how excited I was. But as soon it got closer, I didn't care about it anymore. Heck, I wasn't thinking about prom the night before. I was thinking on how could I get through the final exams and the the thesis. I mean NO REQUIREMENTS, NO PROM. and NO GRADUATION. Even if it was prom season, It was amazing for my classmates to talk about prom non-stop during those hectic days. Fortunately, a fashion designer happily volunteered to sponsor my dresses. I had two proms. It's a long story. I'll share it someday. Also, my sister's hair and make-up artist sponsored as well. I was thankful during that time. Probably one of the advantages of joining beauty pageants. You have connections. *wink wink*

4. Are you excited for graduation?

Obviously. Is that a real question?

Hell, yeah!

Again, senior year felt like prison. And graduation is the day where I was released. I'm excited to leave the portals of bad vibes and insecurities. Other than that, I was totally excited just because it's been a long time that I've experienced a real graduation. (The school I attended doesn't support an elementary graduation.)

5. Do you have senioritis?

If you have no idea what this word means, don't worry, loves! I've got you covered.

According to Wikipedia, Senioritis, from the word senior plus the suffix -itis (which refers to inflammation but in colloquial speech is assumed to mean an illness), is a colloquial term used in the United States and Canada to describe the decreased motivation toward studies displayed by students who are nearing the end of their high school, college and graduate school careers.