Chapter Thirteen (Part 1)

"For the love of God, Captainnamerika! Wake up!" My sister roared through the bathroom.

I covered myself with the sheets to avoid hearing her voice that dragons can only hear. Can you please give me a break? It's already summer and it just feels like an insipid school day when one of my family members try to wake me up at 4:30 in the morning. Besides, it's a freaking Sunday! Ever heard of the Sabbath during Jesus' time? Sometimes, I really wish it'll be night all the time even just for a day so I can sleep the hell I want.

"Leave your little sister alone!" My mom defended. "Let her sleep in peace. It's only 10 am."

Thank you, mom!

I closed my eyes with a smile on my face.

Thirty minutes passed and I had a pretty weird dream. Again.

I dreamt I saw my mom and dad making out. It was gross but I find it so cute! I never saw my mom and dad being all sweet to each other. Hmm, I guess their libido are all dried up due to old age.

I have to admit, it's pretty awkward. In my mind, I was like, "Get a room, you two!" So I forced myself to wake up and get out of this bizarre dream.

My eyes were wide open. And around my bed, I saw my maid and my nurse cleaning my room. As always, the first thing I do is to grab my phone to check my emails and text messages for the day. I eagerly tried to grab my phone from the bedside table but it was too far and my body was still as limp as a soggy cornflake.

My nurse came up to me and grabbed it for me. I smiled and muttered a simple 'thank you!' I'm so glad my dad hired a nurse for the whole family. We have a grandmother who has diabetes (it runs to our family, I'm pretty sure I'll be diabetic when I get older.) and was-now bedridden for almost 10 years. So pretty much, having a medical practitioner in our household has been part of our childhood ever since.

Other than taking care of our grandmother and us, (especially if we're sick or I have the bad case of the menstrual cramps) our nurse also cleans the house, cooks for us, (she's a better cook than our mom) grooms my dog if I'm busy and not to mention, she does my nails regularly. Out of the 100 nurses who applied and worked for us, she's the best one yet. We're practically besties!

I see having a nurse is so advantageous, I'm planning to hire one once I'm a grown woman with a house and a family.

I swiped my iPhone open to unlock. 50 text messages and 1,089 emails. I didn't open them. I wasn't really in the mood of the 'same old, same old."

"Hey, Captainnamerika!"

"Miss you, girl!"

"Wanna hang out?"

"Still asleep?"

If voice messaging were all in, I would be ecstatic. But this is just the 21st century. This ain't the freakin' future yet.

Imagine saying "Delete" to your phone. Gazillions of messages, gone!

A lot of things was running on my mind. Since we have the temperature of a desert, my dehydrated body is in need of full-time H20 treatment. I drink more than a gallon of water a day. Every night, my maid would bring me 1/2 gallon jug of water which leads waking up to a bursting bladder. The important thing is, I'm healthy and hydrated. Also, I had to have an intense workout, even just for 10 minutes. I feel like I'm losing my connection with the pink Hello Kitty fitness mat I owned.

I went out of my room to breathe in the sweet scent of the lovely summer air. I wish everyday would be summer. The sun is always up means you get to wear bikinis all year round and there's no excuse to go outside doing some hardcore activities.

That way, the world would be tanned and fit than being pale and fat.

I went to the reflection to check myself. I startled at the huge living mess staring right back at me. Oh it was just me! Mussy hair, oily face, gigantic eye bags and star dusts scattered all over my eye area. The only awful thing that can definitely put the cherry on top was me being hangover.

But I wasn't.

I really wished though I could have a glass of sweet red wine every day. Which reminds me, I have a bottle of sparkling white wine on the fridge. If I could just sneak in at midnight. . .

"Oh girl, you gotta stop! Alcohol makes you bloated." a conscientious voice interrupted my thoughts.

Thanks for the health tip, Arie!

The first thing I set my eyes on at the terrace was my Yorkie, sleeping soundly right next to the snow-white Japanese peach. Aww. They look so adorable. I didn't want to wake her up cause I already knew the feeling of being waked up. But I had a hunch she sensed my presence when she opened her little doe-eyes and walked towards me.

I gave her a little cuddle. I've noticed that she has the same appearance as me. So ironic!

"Oh good, you're awake. Hurry up and get ready. We're going out." My dad said without even looking at me just because he was too busy fiddling with his newly bought iPad Air.

I nodded. I gave a quick peck on my dog's slobbering nose, let her go back to sleep and went to my room.

Ugh! I just hate searching for something to wear. Especially if it's last minute. I just wish I could teleport myself to the mall and buy a new summer dress.

"Honey, I have something you for you!" a sing-song voice caused me to turn around from my closet overflowing with dresses which I practically wore every single one of them.

I saw my mom peering to the door with a shopping bag in hand.

"What is it?"

She went inside and closed the door behind her. She placed her index finger between her closed lips, motioning me to keep mum on what she's about to say.

"Don't tell your father." She pulled out a dress. "Wear this today. This would look perfect for the occasion." She said in a squealed but hushed tone.

It was like throwing a penny inside of a wishing well. I was thrilled! It was a three-tiered jumper dress with the colors of silver, coral and champagne. And I just have the perfect shoes to complete my spontaneous ensemble.

------------------------------------------------------

Part 2 will be tomorrow.

Gotta go to sleep. It's time! *dramatic sound effects coming in*

I've been waiting for this all summer. It's no pain, no gain!

Wanna know what is?

I'mma keep you guessing all night. Cause my lips are super-glued!

Besides, I need to hit the sack. It's another week, meaning another productive day ahead.

No one's gonna lay on bed all day and eat a bag of Ruffles. Cause my armor will be flying straight to your face, loves!

That was a bit harsh. I would 't do that to you. Do whatever you want!

*dramatic sound effects fading*

Till the next odyssey!

-Captainnamerika 😘