It's One of the Things (Blondes vs Brunettes)

I don't know about you but I am a natural dark brunette. When I look at myself in the mirror, my hair looks jet black but I've noticed there were strands of brown hair spreading throughout my mane for years. It was driving me crazy!!! The worst part was it looked uneven that it can pass that I've colored my hair with my own shaking hands or my hair stylist colored it while riding on a bumpy road.

The solution? I've decided to highlight it in the shade of the color on my hair. It looked pretty good and changed my whole features. I've loved it despite the full-time hair care I have to give attention to since the chemicals on the hair color damages my hair tips.

But one thing's for sure, my hair isn't a virgin anymore. (What a slut.)

After going lighter with my hair for months and considering going ombré, I decided it wasn't for me and went back to my roots. I didn't realize how much I missed being a true brunette and felt instantly better. I loved having lighter hair, but my natural dark brown hair suits me.

People are always trying to say that your hair color determines so much about you. For example, the Blondie a.k.a "dumb blonde." In other countries, specifically America, the typical girl with blonde hair, blue eyes and a rocking body for a bonus is considered the epitome of a stupid person. Which is 101% NOT TRUE.

But back to the Brunettes.

We've seen tons of studies, and they're all equally stupid. However, this doesn't stop anyone from commenting on my hair color or saying dumb things about it. Here are 10 things brunettes are sick of hearing.

"Blondes have more fun."

I've imagined myself being a full-blonde. It was alright. But I'm not certain that I can look like the perfect Barbie doll. I vowed myself when I grow up, I'll do a lot of things with my hair. And the second thing that goes on my list is going blonde. (The first one is that I'll be a redhead.)

"Do you think you're smarter just because you have brown hair?"

No, I don't believe in the supposed correlation between hair color and intelligence so...

(THIS IS TOTALLY RACIST.)

"Brown hair is so boring."

I am literally standing right here. With my brown hair. You know I heard that, right? Besides, I can make your life much more interesting. Just watch and learn.

"Have you ever tried going a different color to spice things up?"

I mean, yes. But what are you trying to say?

"You should get highlights."

Oh should I?

"You should get lowlights."

Yeah I'll get right on that! WTF?!

"I don't think you'd make a very good blonde."

Thanks?

"Does it bother you that you have dark body hair?"

No, but it bothers me that you asked that kind of question.

"Brunettes are just so much more masculine than blondes, you know?"

Um. What? #RacistMuch

"There are, like, so many brunettes. You probably don't even feel unique."

I just...I mean. Why would you? Shut up.

If you are brunette, put your hands up people!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keep it hanging and don't land those handy dandys on my face.

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!

I'm sorry x1Billion!!!!

It's been a busy summer.

Nuff said.

P.S. I'm about to update my Killer Heels story. Stay tuned for that.

Till the next odyssey!

-Captainnamerika 😘