Telling Sally

When the group finished the shroud it was green with a golden trident and had an owl perched atop of it. Annabeth insisted on the owl to share their running joke about she could've been a daughter if Athena.

"What now?" Hazel asked.

"Now I tell my mom," Percy answered. "She deserves the chance to come see Deltas funeral if she wants."

"Want me to come with you?" Annabeth offered.

"No," Percy shook his head. "This is something I have to do on my own." Annabeth nodded understandingly and Percy walked away towards the stables.

When he reached the stables he quickly found BlackJack and led him out. Where we going boss? BlackJack asked in Percy's mind.

"To my mom," Percy answered simply. He mounted BlackJack and they were on their way.

BlackJack landed atop of the apartment building and Percy hopped off. "Stay here, I'll be back shortly," Percy commanded.

Sure thing boss, BlackJack replied.

Percy went down the stairs until he reached the right floor and went to his moms apartment door. He hesitated knocking on the door but quickly forced himself to. He needed to get this over with.

Sally opened the door and smiled at her son, but quickly frowned when she realized his expression. "What's the matter?" She asked kindly as she let him in. They sat down on the couch in the living room in silence. Percy didn't know how to say it. He opened his mouth multiple times but nothing came out. "Percy, what is it?"

Tears fell from his eyes as he forced himself to just spit it out. "Delta's dead." Sally took a shaky breath as she absorbed this new information. "She died on the quest." She covered her mouth as her eyes welled up in tears. "I couldn't save her."

Sally started to sob and Percy wrapped his arms around her. More tears fell from his eyes at the sight of his mom like this. After Sally calmed down a bit Percy apologized, "I'm so sorry."

Sally pulled away from her son and looked him in the eyes as she grabbed both sides of his face. "Don't apologize. It's not your fault."

Tears continued to fall down Percy's face. "I couldn't save her."

"It's okay, honey."

"She sacrificed herself for us. I should've saved her." Now it was Sally who held her son as he cried.

"It'll be okay, honey. No one blames you. Delta wouldn't want us to cry for her."

Percy pulled away and wiped his tears as he sniffled. "Her funeral is today at camp, if you wanna come."

Sally nodded. "Of course. I'll meet you there."

They both stood up and hugged before Percy made his way back to the roof. When he got to the roof he mounted BlackJack.

Back to camp? BlackJack asked.

"No," Percy shook his head. "We got one stop to make."

Where?

"Mount Olympus."