Chapter 1 - A

"Focus, Red!" He snarls deeply. His domineering tone and harsh glare quickly putting me in my place.

"I'm trying Sir." I retort with respect as I lower my eyes. The last thing I need is my Alpha punishing me for disrespecting him, and when I say punish it usually implies a beating or being chained outside for three days without food or water like an animal.

Today he's working me harder than usual. And with all his orders and scream, I can't concentrate properly.

"Then try fucking harder! You need to be the perfect fucking weapon!" He snaps with anger in his harsh tone. I feel the familiar pull of my body, and know that my eyes are flashing obsidian black. A sign of anger, directed at him.

"I'm still a person, Sir." I hiss mocking his title.

Quicker than I can blink he slaps me hard across the face, my head snaps to the side as my body is thrown to the floor. The sheer impact of his slap putting me on the ground. I briefly feel a flicker of shock, but amusement quickly replaces it.

Climbing to my feet I ignore the sting in my cheek, and look at his shocked eyes. He couldn't believe he hit me either, especially in front of the pack. He likes to keep his abuse behind closed doors. But I only let out a laugh, a sadistic and maniac round of laughter.

"I'd return the slap, if I took you for a man." I sneer, my voice as hard as stone.

"Re-" he starts saying, about to give me his usual apology.

"Fuck off Dimitri, sorry isn't always going to fix your abuse." I hiss to him. Turning away from the dumbstruck Alpha, I storm back towards the house. The further I got from him the more reality set back in, and I began to grow worried.

Fuck. What the fuck have I just done? He's the Alpha! I scream to myself as my anger brings to fade. Realising what I've done and said. He won't let this go unpunished, especially not from me. He makes it a point to be more strict and harsher with me than anyone else in the pack.

Never once have I spoken to him in a such a way. It's always been about training me, to make me the perfect killing machine and I've never spoken back. Then again he's never openly smacked me in front of other wolves, only showing me disrespect despite fighting for him and this pack.

But I guess the Alphas loyalties don't always lie with his pack. Or his best soldier.

With a heavy sigh I quickly make my way up to my room, remaining there until someone calls me for dinner. Not wanting to face him sooner than I have to due to obvious reasons.