Chapter 11

Something shifts me in my sleep, instantly waking me as I suspect a body cradling me like a baby.

Immediately I open my eyes, turning my head and looking up at the man who dares to wrap me in his arms and cradle me into his chest as he sleeps.

I haven't seen him at all in four days, it felt like a fucking lifetime. I don't know why I sent him away, I needed him but instead I pushed him away. The thought of losing my wolf is one thing, but when it actually comes to it and I came so close to losing her...it's the worst possible feeling. You feel every bit of life draining from her, you feel the rotting stench of death set in, you feel the pain she's in, you feel her natural need to survive so strong still even whilst she withers away. It's absolute cruelty.

"Lu-" I begin softly, only to be shushed which surprises me. I had thought he was asleep.

"Shh, just let me hold you, that's all I need." He mumbles into my hair, breathing in my scent like a drug addict.

Instead of arguing with him like I usually would, I let him have this despite not being comfortable with his arms being wrapped around my waist. One of his hands rest on my chubby tummy, not at all bothered that it's no longer flat or toned.

"I like it." He suddenly whispers into my hair, his deep tired voice muffled slightly but I understood him perfectly.

"Like, what?" I mutter confused as to what he likes.

"All of it." Is his answer. Simple and yet it has my heart skipping a beat. As much as i don't like him holding me and feeling all the weight I've gained in the past few days, I don't have the heart to push him away. I know he needs me, probably more than I need him right now.

Neither of us fall asleep, or even bother to make conversation for a long while. Just being with him in this kind of way is comforting, like nothing matters in the world. It's true when people say that being cuddled by the one you love is healing.

***

Lucifers head rests on top of my breasts, using them as a cushion with part of his face buried into the soft flesh. His light snores fill the room as exhaustion practically pours from him. My fingers run through his silky long hair, my mind wondering off into space.

Lucifer has been acting...a little off. He's more protective than normal, and he's been on alert more than he usually is. I've noticed that there's less people wondering around since we got back. He stated acting strange about half way through our time in Bora Bora but I can't recall anything that would make him feel like he has to protect me at all times of the day. Personally I think that's the reason he's been sleeping at the hospital, to make sure nothing happens to me.

I may be wrong, I may be overthinking things. But if my gut is right like it usually is, it means he's hiding something from me, there's something he's not telling me. Which doesn't surprise me as he doesn't say much of anything, to anybody.

Letting out a small sigh I close my eyes tiredly.

Buzz buzz

Buzz buzz

Lucifers phone vibrating in the drawer to his side of the bed almost makes me jump in surprise, however with Lucifers heavy head on me I couldn't move even if I wanted to.

Lucifer almost immediately awakens obviously hearing the loud vibrations coming from the drawers. He jumps off me quickly, me being curious I pretend I'm asleep and listen. He opens the drawer quietly, as if not to wake me.

Answering his phone I couldn't hear what the other person was saying, my wolf isn't strong enough yet.

"I told you not to call this phone." He says quietly into the phone. I hear him walking around the bed, I almost open my eyes to see what he's doing when I hear the bathroom door open as he goes in. Opening my eyes I silently slide from the bed and move closer to the door, wanting to know what he's keeping from me. If he wasn't he wouldn't be angry at whoever it is for calling his phone, the only other phone he has is in his office. Right?