Chapter 8 - B

"No!" A short scream passes through me as I bolt up in the bed, my eyes snapping open. Immediately feeling a wave of agony wash over me I slowly lay back down in the bed, my stomach throbbing deeply with deep as a little blood leaks out.

My chest rising and falling heavily as drops of sweat cover my sticky skin, my flesh shining. I could feel my hair sticking to my forehead, and my neck. Flashes of his face flicker behind my eyelids, even as I stare up at the ceiling in attempt to forget.

"How are you feeling?" He decided to speak, watching me intent with concern as he sits on the leather couch across the other side of his bedroom. A laptop and sheets of paper surrounding him as he works.

I didn't even acknowledge him.

Taking a deep breath in through my nose I ready myself, and slowly turn my legs to the edge of the bed, remaining flat as much as I can. Using my hands I pull my body to the edge of the bed, swinging my feet down onto the floor. Resting my hands on the mattress I push away the cover and use my hands to push myself up, never bending my stomach.

Lucifer stands rapidly and comes over, his hands outstretched as he moves to lift me and place me back in the bed. After all I've only been resting since yesterday when it happened, and that's only because I've been sleeping.

"Don't." I order harshly, shoving his hands away from me. Ignoring his pained eyes I slowly walk around him, one of my hands resting over the white hospital bandages surrounding my entire stomach and waist.

With slow slightly aching steps I make my way over to the bathroom, not bothering to close the door as I use the toilet quickly, despite the pain of having to force myself to bend as I sit. Once I've relieved myself I head to the sink and wash my hands.

Cupping the cold water in my hands instead of the hot, I arch over slightly and splash my face. The cold liquid almost immediately cooling me down. Not bothering to dry my face as the water drips off of my chin and down to my sports bra, I grab my toothbrush and brush my teeth thoroughly. Hygiene is important to me, it fucking sucks that I can't shower for a few days.

Brushing my hair quickly I twist it up into a messy bun, not bothering with anything else. My hair feels dirty due to sweating so much in my sleep, but I'm not about to ask Lucifer if he will wash it for me.

I bet your wondering why I'm being a bitch, right?

Well, to put it simply the fucker injected me with morpheme whilst I slept. After I clearly told him not once, but TWICE that I didn't want it, he still did it.

"I can bat-"

"No." I cut him off with a simple answer. Before he can even offer to bath me knowing that I can't do it properly myself. I'd sooner not shower than let him touch me after he went behind my back.

The man that I'd spent an entire week with, the man that taught me how to swim, the man that came scuba diving with me, the man that had literally shown me an entire other side to himself,...he's gone. For an entire week he was so kind, and so caring, he'd shown me the softer side of him that I know nobody ever sees. And while I love Lucifer for his temper, and his stone heart, and his deep need to always be with me, I've come to love the softer him as well. He's a man capable of many things, things that I know even the average male wouldn't come close to succeeding. But what he chooses to do with all this power, all this capability, is entirely up to him and I'm starting to think that maybe he just..lives. Or more like survives.

Back in Bora Bora he smiled, so full and so happy that i literally couldn't help but fall in love deeper than I already was. We swam in the ocean together after he taught me how to swim, he's shown me an entirely new kind of life and beauty under the ocean. The clear water, the creatures that live in it, and the reefs are simply beautiful and the most extraordinary thing I've ever seen. Lucifer had shown me a piece of himself that nobody else has seen, i didn't realise that the moment we came back home would be the moment he became himself again. A guard around his heart, an ice in his eyes and soul that no amount of fire can ever melt.