Chapter 8 - C

Something moving my body jolts me awake, my eyes flying open wide with surprise. Coming face to face with my mate as he carries me to the bed. He smiles softly down at me as I rest my head against his shoulder again. The softer side of him briefly showing, before his expression hardens again.

"You better not have taken advantage of me." I mutter quietly, mostly just to annoy him. Sometimes people go to sleep angry as fuck, or completely upset, and when they wake up they're in one of those moods were they're just clingy, and want to annoy and whine about everything and everyone. That's my current mood.

"You say that like you wouldn't have loved every second if I had." He retorts dryly, giving me a bemused look as he lowers me on the bed carefully.

"Maybe I fake my orgasms, I hear it's a common thing women do now." I casually tell him.

He's about to move away and probably leave like I asked him to earlier, when I reach out and grab his wrist with both of my hands, not caring that the twist of my body hurt my wound.

Lucifers eyes darken as he hears my words, and even though he knows he more than sexually satisfies me, he still looks angry.

"You wouldn't." He snaps practically seething with anger, his fists curled tight. I could feel his veins bulging in his thick wrist.

Grinning up at him, I try and pull him towards me but he doesn't even move the slightest bit. He's so god damn stubborn!

Forcing my body off the bed in a quick flash of movement I ignore the agonising slice that ripples through my entire stomach, and wrap my arms around my beastly mate. He remains stiff, unmoving even as I squeeze him as hard as I possibly can.

"I'm tired, will you cuddle with me?" I ask him in a whining voice, purposely trying to get on his nerves. He can't stand those who whine and moan about shit.

"I don't cuddle." He brutishly states in a hard time of voice. I had to refrain myself from rolling my eyes at him, knowing he's a complete fool if he actually thinks that he doesn't cuddle. He's just trying to be masculine, even though he obviously doesn't need to try.

"Tell me something that I don't know." I softly speak, ignoring his previous words.

He pushes me gently onto the bed, his huge rough hands supporting my body so that I don't bend too much or bounce as I fall into the soft mattress.

Resting on my back I bend one leg and watch him with a small smile, my stomach flipping with awe as I watch the beautiful creature of a man crawl up beside me. He lays on his side next to me, one arm bent up as his hand supports his head lazily whilst he stares down at me.

"Where are your parents? You just..you've never spoke of them." I inquisitively question, curious about the woman who birthed him and the man who took part in the whole pregnancy thing.

His eyes didn't change in the slightest, like the mention of his parents had no affect on him at all. Not even with love, or respect, just...nothing.

"Have you ever heard the saying 'snitches end up in ditches' ?" He says in a brutish tone, hard like stone. I couldn't help but frown slightly, but shake my head anyway and give him my answer.

"I spent four years in prison, during that time my parents took it upon themselves to run my pack into the ground, as well as trade pack secrets in exchange for money. Once I got out I spent months hunting them down, and when I finally caught up to them in New York I killed them both." He admits to me without showing the slightest bit of regret. I almost flinched from him, I mean how could he kill his own parents? But then again...I killled my father. The circumstances are completely different but that doesn't matter, I can't judge him when I've done the same. I guess we're both just fucked.