Chapter 5 - B

"Alpha, they're here." A man comes running into the training room, slightly breathless with panic.

I breath in through my nose, glancing at Lucifer who nods his head to the man. Lucifers hazel eyes look down at me, his expression firm and yet slightly pained.

I place the two swords on the ground, and grab my jacket quickly putting it on. Zipping it up to cover my wounds as Lucifer requested. Five hours of combat training aren't near enough to make me as good as one of his people, but it's all the time we had.

If only I told him of this sooner.

"Remember what I told you." He reminds me, leading me from the room. I nod my head, taking a deep calming breath to slow my heart back down.

In a matter of minutes he's leading me to the front of the pack, not a single pack member bow to the council. As lucifer said, his pack do not bow to anyone. Which means, I must act like one of them.

As the last people part I take my last calming deep breath, stepping out into the councils prying eyes. I hold my head straight, my spine strong, my shoulders back.

Three men stand in front of me, each wearing a black cloak hiding whatever they have underneath. Their eyes cold, and empty black pits of hell. Their skin almost pale, their skin wrinkled slightly as if they're not even half way to one hundred. They keep their hands covered in black leather gloves. Making sure only their faces could be seen.

Lucifer says nothing, they're not here for him. He stands at my side and that alone kept me calm.

Time to forget who I've become.

Before I met Lucifer, I was more of a savage than his own people. I'm not as highly trained, but I'm not weak. I never wanted him to see this side of me, the real me. I kill people, and the worst part is that I feel nothing. No remorse, no pity.

"What is your birth name?" The man in the middle asks, his voice sounding old but deep. Practically pouring with menace. Lucifer warned me not be fooled by their appearance.

His question has me grinding my teeth. A part of me wonders if he'd purposely asked me just so everyone would know the truth. But he can't possibly know what happened to my family.

"My birth name isn't of any importance. I am known as Red." I answer with a calm, and yet malicious tone of voice. The mans black eyes peer into mine for a moment, as if looking directly into my soul. Searching for something.

He nods slowly. "I know who you are. You have your fathers eyes." He states painfully calm. My canines slip out of my mouth, I bare my teeth at the man. Rage immediately flooding my body, the dam breaking.

"You know nothing." I sneer viciously, my hands curling into fists. My nails digging into my flesh. The mans eyes peer at my threatening stance, not looking the slightest afraid of me.

"I understand why you respond as such, but I wonder,...have you told Lucifer of who you truly are?" He tilts his head slightly to the side, peering at me with an almost mocking look.

He's taunting me.

Breathing slowly I take a moment, calming myself as I uncurl my hands. Controlling the anger. And then I meet his eyes, my lime green eyes clashing with his deadly black ones.

"You look like your mother, although I don't recall her ever being quite as beautiful as you. The wild runs in your veins, just like your father. I would like to see if you fight like him. He had a very vicious streak if angered, I wonder if it runs in the family?" The man eyes me curiously, like I'm a mystery.