Chapter 5 -A

- A few days later -

Fuck.

I didn't get the job.

The council have emailed back, claiming that the position has already been filled. But, they ask to meet me. They will come here provided I agree, although I'm not sure why they want to meet me. Nobody ever meets the council, they rarely leave their secret headquarters.

The problem is...I've just emailed them back agreeing for them to come here. Only to be emailed straight back, they're on their way as we speak.

Shutting the laptop down I slide off of the bed and quickly exit the bedroom. Wearing spandex shorts and a sports bra, along with a Nike hoodie, I jog downstairs quickly with nothing on my feet. Heading over to Lucifers office I open the door, not bothering to knock.

Two men sit across from him in the chairs, in a heated conversation until I interrupt. Lucifers sudden black eyes snap to me, as do the other two males.

"I have to tell you something, it's really important." I tell him, glancing at the two males across from him as they gawk at me. Lucifer snarls viciously at the two men, his sudden change in attitude making me flinch slightly as I wasn't expecting it. He glares at them as he stands from his seat, the two men don't even need to hear him say it as they quickly head past me and out of the office. Shutting the door behind them.

"Have you considered wearing actual clothes?" He growls angrily. I roll my eyes, not taking offence.

"Have you considered putting your hooligans in their place?" I bite back.

He looks at me for a second, his expression hard. Before chuckling quietly, his large masculine body relaxing. He walks over to me and inspects the wounds on my stomach, it's not healed yet as it heals from the inside out. But it won't get infected now, it just needs to breath. I removed the gauzes and bandaging earlier on.

"The things I'm going to do to you once this has healed." He growls huskily. Tingles shoot down my spine, traveling to my core. I clench my thighs shut, ignoring my bodies reaction to him.

"You're so responsive." He moans, and I swear to god I orgasmed right then and there. Fuck. That's hot.

"No, concentrate. The council are on their way, right now." I blurt out to him, taking a large step away even though it didn't do much. His scent, masculine, like the wild, it beckons me, suffocates me every time I'm in here.

His playful expression vanishes, a void Look taking place. That look unnerves me, it's the look he had when I first met him, like he didn't feel anything, like he had no soul or heart. I didn't like that look.

"It's my fault. I wanted to do something other than sit around, so I used your laptop to look for a job with the council. Instead they asked me if they could come here, to meet me. I didn't know what to say, so I said yes." I explain to him.

I didn't think it would be that big of a deal if they came here. I wanted to know why they would want to meet me. But obviously Lucifer doesn't want them anywhere near his pack.

"You should have told me you wanted to do something, Red. Fuck!" He turns away from me as he breathes heavily, I know he's angry. A lot angrier than he's showing, at me.

He turns around and storms towards the door, swinging it open before I could say anything. He calls for his pack with the deep menacing growl that literally shakes the entire mansion, commanding his packs presence. I almost had to cover my ears from the noise.

"They want to know who you are. Why you're here. They're not coming to meet you, Red, they're coming to test you. That's what the council do, a pack like this has to remain strong." He explains to me as I walk up behind him.

"If I don't pass their test, what happens to me?" I question him, deep down I already know the answer.

"You die." He states gruffly.