Chapter 6 - B

Somehow I'd found my way to a beach, I hadn't stepped foot on a beach, ever.

So naturally, I took of my shoes and socks, and I hesitantly dipped my toes into the sand. The feeling was strange, the sand is soft when touched gently, but if it's stomped on it becomes hard.

Mesmerised by it I began to walk along the beach. I watched the sun set on the water, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

And now, In the darkness with only the moons glow to guide me, I'm lost. I've walked back trying to recover where I came onto the beach, but my steps had been washed away with the water or blown away with the wind.

Finally giving up on finding my way off the beach I just sit in the sand and look out at the almost calm ocean. A serene feeling fills me as I watch it, it's like the gentle waves and the soothing noise completely calms me, giving a sense of freedom and peace. The feeling that I'd been searching for, for a long time. I never thought I'd find it here, at a beach.

I can track others scents, but I can't track my own, no one can. They can track where they're going by knowing where they have been, but, I can't find where I've been so I don't know where I'm going. And the only other escape from the beach is the woods, but with rogues always on the hunt I'd rather not.

I'd sooner stay here for a few more hours until the sun rises, and then walk along the beach until I see someone or find my way back home.

Home. Is it really my home?

For now I suppose Lucifer is my home, not the pack. And I say for now, because eventually he will stop being my home when I'm forgotten about. I know he said that he would never forget me, or throw me aside, but once he has his mate that will change. I've seen drama like this in Dimitri's pack. The pack males date the pack females, they think they're in love, and they think nothing can ever break them apart, so they have sex. A few months later one of them finds their mate, leaving the other heart broken and forgotten about, whilst he/she walks around with their mate happy and full of life.

Ive seen it all. And I never expected myself to get in one of those situations, only worse.

He's the Alpha. If his Luna wants me dead for sharing her mates bed, then there's nothing he can do to stop it. If he even tries to protect me, which I doubt but if he does, it will only hurt her more. If someone did that to me, I'd hunt them down myself.

Then why am I doing it to a female that does exist somewhere?

It's not fair to her, I know that. And there's no excuse other than the fact that...I love him. I shouldn't, but I do.

My body grows tired and cold the longer I sit in the freezing sand, not knowing what else to do now I simply lay down curled up in a ball, wrapping my arms around myself in attempt for a little warmth. Closing my eyes I ignore the chattering of my teeth, and allow myself to fall asleep at the waters edge.

***

"RED!"

The voice jolts me awake, due to it being dark I had to blink a few times to get my sight back. I was about to rub my eyes when I realise they're covered in sand, my clothes wet from the ocean as it kept up on whilst I slept.

I try to stand up from the sand, but my numb body wouldn't allow such a thing.

Someone grabs my body gently, lifting from the wet sand with ease despite my clothes being wet and sandy. I knew who it was without even having to look, nobody provides warmth like he does.

Laying my head in the warm space between his neck and shoulder, I nuzzle my cold nose into his soft flesh. He holds me tighter bridal style, cradling me into his warmth like a baby, carrying me as he walks. Taking us somewhere, I didn't bother to look.

Neither of us say anything, I figured he was far too livid with me to even consider speaking to me, and I just couldn't find the right words to say.

Soon I fall back to sleep against him, against his warmth, his soothing scent, his comforting arms. His safety.