Chapter 12 - A

~ THREE YEARS LATER ~

The hoard screams, cheering for their bloodthirsty champion. The cage surrounding the arena struggles to hold, hundreds of bodies beating the metal, completely wild.

"You should have kept your cock away from little girls, Micky." I whisper darkly in the mans ear.

"Go fuc-" His blood splashes over my perfect tan face as I slice his throat wide open, showering myself in a rain of warm blood.

I watch with a bitter smile as the life drains from the mans eyes, even as I take his life I feel no remorse, no guilt. He deserves a death without honour, without care.

Kicking the man aside, I take out my phone and snap a picture, sending it directly to the boss. It's safe to say a man that rapes ten year old children doesn't deserve a funeral, which is why I drag his body from the arena.

"They're transferring the money as we speak, they want his body disposed of." Lincoln tells me, glancing at the warm corpse.

"Take him to the warehouse, Billy will take care of the rest." I order.

Releasing the mans leg, I take the white cloth Lincoln offers me, cleaning the blood from my hands, not thinking anything of it as I change my clothes in front of him. The amount of situations we've been in and we've been naked, there's no embarrassment anymore. Being kidnapped and dressed up like a hooker to put on show like a shiny new car for a bunch of very rich sadistic men, it becomes normal.

Tucking the cloth in my back pocket, I take the keys from Lincoln's outstretched hand.

"Go to the penthouse when it's done, wait for my call." My bland tone doesn't go unnoticed.

Lincoln sighs.

"We have a reservation tonight." He states with annoyance.

My eyes snap to him, dark with anger.

"There is no WE." I growl icily.

"Why? I will never hurt you-"

"Lincoln! Stop." I sharply cut him off.

Warm pained eyes stare at me, as if trying to see into my soul. He'll have a hard time, the soul he's searching for is gone. Broken, lost within itself.

"The person who hurt you so badly, that's not me. You know me Argent, you trust me, right?" His voice is soft, pleading.

"I trust you to do your job." I grunt.

Ignoring his next words, I move to my car and climb inside. Leaving Lincoln to take care of the rest on his own, I set off home.

Home.

A phrase I never thought I would be able to use again. Turns out it's the people that make a place feel like home, and it's strange that I've found that again. Three years and I still have moments where I'm unable to process how much everything has changed.

The vibrations my phone let off snap me from my darker thoughts. Reaching over I take the phone off the passenger seat, my eyes on the road ahead as I turn a bend while answering the call.

"Hello?"

"You sound annoyed, has something happened?" He worries as always.

I relax slightly at the sound of his voice.

"Lincoln." Is my vague response.

He's aware of Lincoln's liking towards me, and as much as I hate it, he begged me not to harm Lincoln. Obviously I don't want to upset him, I know we need Lincoln.

"I'll give him a call if you want?" He offers kindly.

"No, I'll deal with it myself." I state, before realising how rude I'm being.

"You only call for two reasons, clearly I'm fine so what's up?" I ask him, my tone softer.

He releases a heavy sigh, one that weighs on his heart.

"We can have this conversation once you're home, drive safe, little Argent." His tone is soft, and my black heart softens.

"I will, see you soon." I whisper.

Cutting the call short, I toss my phone onto the passengers seat. Watching the road and my surroundings, I switch gears as I step on the accelerator. The force of speeding pushes me back in my seat slightly, a feeling that I love.

God I miss speed.

____________________________________

Short I know, but I promise good things are coming!

What has changed in the three years since she left? What happened after the betrayal? Who is she know?

Find out in the next chapters! Which will be longer I swear.

Vote, comment and share!