Chapter 14

The morning comes far too soon, and after spending the entire night awake as I weigh out the options, I realise I don't have a choice despite Elijahs words.

If I refuse, it means that in time the pack will die off. While some will rejoice to that, it also means that the wolf community will take a hard loss, and the uprisings of Alphas wanting to take Lucifers position on top will be never ending. It will do more damage than good.

While I will happily sit back and watch Lucifer and his pack of dogs rot, I cannot watch the Elders pay the price for my anger. Maybe this is how I get real closure, maybe this will help me move on completely.

That's it. I just need to face them, to show them that I'm not dead, that I'm not nothing. I may be broken, and anyone who smells my scent will know, but I am not weak.

So after packing everything necessary, I get dressed and take the box of syringes downstairs, along with my suitcase.

Elijah seems a little surprised to see me ascending the stairs with half of my belongings.

"You're leaving?" He panics.

I shake my head.

"No, I'll do what you asked." I tell him.

He seems taken back by this. "You will?"

I nod. "I'm going to need access to all his accounts, including the packs main funding and savings accounts."

"Done, you understand you'll be stepping in as Alpha, don't you?" He worries.

Again, I nod.

"They're a tough crowd, little Argent." He says softly.

"I lost my wolf, Elijah, that was tough. This will be easy, and violent I hope." I mutter the last words under my breath.

Elijah gives me a look before grinning. "Don't get in over your head, if you need me then just call. Give that Alpha some pay back, just don't break him completely."

I laugh at his words, feeling a little less worried. After saying goodbye to the Elders and Sam, I head outside to the waiting car and climb into the back, my suitcase and package already in the boot.

Pulling out my phone, I keep my attention on the games on the screen so I don't think too much about what I'm doing. If I think about it, I won't stop and my emotions will jumble together, when that happens...it's not good for anyone.

The journey is long, and usually I would take my car but considering the savages will most likely destroy it to anger me, I figured it would be best to have someone drive me.

Hours pass by, and by the time we reach the land of the dead I realise I'm starving, even though I'm definitely about to throw up.

"You okay, Argent?" Novak questions from the front seat.

I give the slightest of nods, remaining in the car despite it having stopped. My eyes stare out into the Snow White woods, even for the winter and cold weather it looks more dead than before. It's soul is broken too, I assume.

Wrapping my jacket and scarf tighter around myself, I put my gloves on and exit the car. Sliding my phone into my back pocket, I thank Novak as he helps me with my suitcase and heavy box.

The large house is only metres from us, looking run down and dirty, something it definitely wasn't before I left.

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Novak's voice is concerned, weary as we both absorb the empty, cold land of the dead.

I nod my head a little, feeling the chill of the cold air biting at my face.

"Yes, I'll see you in a few weeks hopefully." I give the man a small smile.