Imagine for @madubrittope

Marias POV

I came home to my boyfriend with an ice pack on his cheek and I immediately asked him why.

"Um nothing. I'm completely fine" He says and goes back to watching t.v

"Baby..." I warn him. He knows I'm a dentist and that I can help but no, he refuses to tell me.

"I don't wanna!" Louis whines.

"You never want to but you need to so let's go. I'll be right there the whole time"

"Yea you'll be there the whole time with your tools in my mouth!" He whisper yells.

"Lets go" I hold his hand and drag him out the door and to the car. Through out our drive, all he did was make pouty faces at me.

"Ok we're here" I say and park the car.

"Ughhghghghgh I hate this!" Louis groans throwing his head back on the head rest of his seat.

"Will it make you feel better if we have Liam here?" I ask him. Liam is Louis best friend so they do a lot of stuff together and are pretty tight.

"I guess" He mumbles

"Good, because I already told him to get here so he's inside waiting for us.

"Can we go home now?" He whines.

"Nope. Lets go inside" We hold hands and I drag him inside the office and make him sit in the chair.

"Hi Louis. Toothache?" Niall says standing beside Liam.

"No I am completely fine" He says trying to get out of it. Niall is my dental assistant so he also knows Louis quite well.

"Sure I believe you" Niall says and puts a bib on him and set the light. I wash my hands, put on my mask, and sit in my chair.

"I'm just going to lean the chair back okay? And Liam is right here" I tell him. He nods and tries to relax in the chair. I lean the chair all the way back so he's parallel to the ground. I pick up my mirror and scraper.

"Open up babe" I tell him but not before kissing his lips to calm his nerves. He takes a deep breath and opens his mouth wide.

"Great job! See? you are already doing great" I encourage Louis and start looking around his mouth.

"Well, everything looks pretty much healthy except the tooth that's hurting you has a big cavity on it. We can fix it but I need to get x-rays before I proceed. Okay babe?" I ask him comfortingly.

"Not really. Can we just go home?" He asks exasperated.

"Louis, come on man. It'll be fine. X-rays don't hurt" Liam says patting his shoulder. That makes Louis agree so Niall get's the x-rays films and places them inside Louis mouth but not before draping him with the heavy blanket.

"Just bite down on this" Niall says.

"Liam, we need to exit the room" I tell him and take him outside while Niall gets the x-rays done.

"Well how bad is it?" Liam asks me.

"Probably a root canal" I say. Liam groans because he knows Louis will be really scared if it turns out I have to do a root canal.

"Done" Niall calls out and I go back into the room to look at the x-rays and they confirm that he needs a root canal.

"Louis babe, the cavity is pretty deep and has spread to the roots of your tooth so I need to do a root canal and clean the roots out so the cavity doesn't hurt you further more. It'll only be about 1 and a half hour long" I tell him while holding his hand.

"No no no. You promised ut would be okay! This is NOT okay!" He says trying to get out of the chair.

"Babe, it'll be fine. It's just me. I would never hurt you and I will make sure this procedure is as painless as possible" I tell him while pecking his lips.

"No pain?" He asks to confirm.

"No pain babe" I repeat myself to assure him.

"Okay" He whispers and lays back down on the chair.

LOUIS POV

I seriously can't believe I'm having a root canal done! It's almost done but it hurts a little bit now.

"uhg" I groan.

"Almost done baby" She says and goes as fast as she could.

"All done" She cheers and sits me up with some cotton in my mouth.

"You did so good" She whispers and picks my doozy self up to drive me home.