Chapter 22

~2 years later~

I awoke with a start from the dark world I'd been living in for god only knows how long. My eyes slowly adjusted to the room around me. I was in my bedroom at my aunt and uncle's house. Good I didn't have amnesia, but I had been in a coma. I knew that much and I knew exactly from what, Severus hate me. Wait I'd missed my 7th year of school. What about Eliza and Carter!?! And the Weasleys. What about Severus. "AUNT CISSY!!!" I yelled. Looking out the window I could tell it was the middle of winter. I heard someone rush up the stairs and my door flew open. I was met by a pale faced Draco. He looked so handsome and mature. "Draco" I cried he rushed over and hugged me tightly. "You've gotten so big" I said looking at him. "I missed you so much!!" he said as he began to cry. "Mom hasn't stopped crying since you went into a coma" he said. "Well I'm back now and I'm never leaving again." I said as I kissed his forehead. "Where is your mum? I asked. "She's in the basement with Dad and Snape" he told me. "For what?" I asked. "The Dark Lord is coming back." he said told me. My eyes got wide and I didn't believe it, but I knew he wasn't gone in the first place. I was too smart to think he was truly gone. I nodded solemnly and squeezed Draco's pale hand. "Do you think you can walk?" he asked me. I nodded and slowly stood up. My legs felt like jelly, but soon became stronger as I put more weight on them. I stood up and it was a little wobbly. Draco stood by me for support and helped me walk down the steps. Little by little we finally made it down to the basement. I could hear hushed voices behind the door. I knocked with Draco by my side. The door swung open and there stood my aunt. Her eyes grew wide with the shock of seeing me awake and walking. I through my arms around her. Good thing she had her feet planted well on the ground otherwise we would've crashed the hard concrete floor. She held on to me like it depended on her life. I felt my shoulder become wet from her tears as she sobbed into my shoulder. The conversation stopped and I felt another pair of arms wrap around me as well. When l looked up I saw the pale face of my uncle. He had tears glistening in his eyes as well. You guys missed me then?" I joked. My aunt sobbed some more and I saw a rare sight where my uncle actually smiled. "Draco come over here" Lucius ordered. Slowly he walked over then my uncle did the unexpected. He pulled him into the hug with us and hugged him extremely tight. We stood there like that for what seemed like forever until Snape cleared his throat interrupting our moment. We pulled apart all of us teary eyed. "Yes Severus?" My uncle asked. "Well I know she has just woken up, but I feel as though we should tell her the situation." he said. "What situation?" I asked hesitantly. "Sweetheart you're father he, he's escaped from Azkaban." my aunt said.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I couldn't believe it my dad was finally free. He was somewhere out there and I was going to find him. While I was in coma Dumbledore had sent a letter us stating that he was offering me an apprenticeship. That position was for Potions class. I would be working along side Snape. Of course I instantly accepted. It was my dream and it'd help me look for my dad. My aunt was reluctant, but wit help from Draco we finally convinced her I'd be fine. Break was over tomorrow and I'd be riding the train with Draco. At this point I was busy packing my things for Hogwarts. As soon as I got there I'd send word to the Weasleys, Carter and Eliza. I was pretty damn positive that my family had not sent any word to them on my sudden absence from life. After I filled three suitcases and four large bags I finally was all packed and ready to go. I could not wait for tomorrow. My mind was set on finding my dad if it's the last thing I did!! I know he's innocent he would never do something as terrible as betraying his best friends. Deep down I had a strong feeling it was that slime ball Peter Pettigrew. I never felt right about him. But no one was going to listen to a child. They all thought I was just a scared, naive kid who was completely traumatized by her father's actions. That wasn't the case I was too smart to believe any of that rubbish. My dad hated the dark lord as much as the Malfoys hate muggles. That I fell into a restless sleep. I don't know if it was from how excited I was or the fact that I'd been sleeping for 2 years. Either way I wasn't falling asleep anytime soon.