Chapter 12: Class Representative

"Decent work on yesterday's combat training, you guys," Mr. Aizawa stated, "I saw the video feeds and went over each of your team's results. Bakugo. You're talented. So don't sulk like a child about your loss, okay?"
"Yeah, whatever," Bakugo grumbled looking away.
"And Midoriya. I see the only way you won the match was by messing up your arm again. Work harder," The teacher bluntly stated, "And don't give me the excuse that you don't have control over your Quirk. That line's already getting old. You can't keep breaking your body while training here. But your Quirk will be really useful if you can get a handle on it. So show a little urgency, huh?"
"Right!" Midoriya exclaimed.
"And of course, (L/n). You're water is great and all, but seriously, It's not that hard to come to class on time." Mr. Aizawa finished.

You nodded your head.

"Let's get down to business. Our first task will decide your future," He informed.
'Is it another Quirk assessment?' You worried.
"You all need to pick a class representative," He finished.
'Oh good, just normal school stuff,' You thought relieved

Your classmates then jumped up and all started shouting.

"Pick me, guys! I wanna be class rep!" Kirishima exclaimed sticking both his arms in the air.
"I'll take it," Kaminari suggested.
"Yeah, you're gonna need me," Jiro stated matter-of-factly.
"Someone with style would be best-" Aoyama gets interrupted.
"I'm, like, totally the right pick!" Ashido exclaimed standing up and waving her arms.
"My manifesto is for all the girls' skirts to be 30 centimeters above the knee!" Mineta proclaimed.
"Hey! What the Quirk Assessment showed you is that I'm your only choice!" Bakugo shouted.
'Usually class rep means more work for the student, but here, it's a way to get agencies to notice that you can lead a team like a real hero,' You thought to yourself, 'Everyone already knows me and that I'm nice and good at combat. This shouldn't be too hard. But... I did kinda just fall out of a window.'
"Silence! Everyone, please!" Iida's voice cut through the class.

The class stopped shouting and looked at Iida.

"The class representative's duty is to lead others. That's not something just anyone can do. You must first have the trust of every student in the class. Therefore, the most logical way to do this is democratically. We will hold an election to choose our leader!" Iida raised his hand super high.
'It's pretty obvious you want us to vote for you,' You thought to yourself as you looked at Iida.
"Is this really the best idea?" Kaminari asked.
"We've only known each other a few days. How do we know who we can trust?" Asui asked.
"Besides, everyone will just vote for themselves," Kirishima brought up.
"Most people will. But that means whoever does receive multiple votes must truly be the most suitable person for the job," Iida answered,"Isn't that right, sir?"
"Do what you want, just decide before my nap's over," Mr. Aizawa replied.
"Thank you for your trust!!" Iida thanked.

The class then voted for the class rep. You voted for Bakugo, although he'd be an awful class leader. The only people with votes were these few:

(Y/n) (L/n) -3
Izuku Midoriya -3
Momo Yaoyorozu -2
Katsuki Bakugo -1

'It's a tie,' You thought.

"Okay, you idiots, who voted for him!?" Bakugo angrily demanded as he stood up from his desk.
"The real question is, who voted for you?" Sero replied.
"What did you just say?! Don't tell me you voted for that little turd!" Bakugo shouted back.
"You're proving my point now. You're too angry for the job," Sero stated.

Bakugo and Sero bickered while Iida sat upset about getting no votes.

"Mr. Aizawa, what are we gonna do about the tie?" You asked.
"Just do rock, paper, scissors or something," He said carelessly.
"A-Alright," You replied.

You and Midoriya stood up and faced each other. Everyone's eyes were on the two of you. It felt weird having everyone watch a rock, paper, scissors round against the two of you. It made you anxious. The room was completely silent as everyone watched you two.

You gulped and lifted up your hands. You and Midoriya both nodded at each other.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot," You both said together.

You had rock, and Midoriya had scissors.

You smiled.

"Alright the class representative is (L/n) and the deputy is Midoriya," Mr. Aizawa monotonously announced.

You and Midoriya stood at the front of the room.

"This might not be so bad," Asui said.
"Yeah, I could get by on (L/n) and Midoriya," Kirishima agreed.
"(L/n) totally killed it when it came to combat training," Kaminari added.

The bell rang and everyone was dismissed to lunch.