Chapter 31: Bakugou vs. Uraraka

You sat in the stands watching the final match of the first round. Katsuki was finally competing, but it was up against Uraraka. You kinda felt bad for her, she was the most cheerful, soft person in the class, and she was up against the most vicious, unyielding person in the class. It seemed obvious who was going to win, but who knows? Things don't always go the way you plan. 

"Let the eighth match BEGIN!!" 

At present Mic's command, the challengers went at each other. Uraraka sprinted towards Katsuki, keeping her body low and her arms out. You were surprised. You didn't know she could run so fast. You looked over to see how Katsuki was reacting to all this. He stood there, his arm slowly moving back, charging up for that right hook you noticed he always started with. He widened his stance and lowered his body, preparing for the attack. You could tell Uraraka could see it coming, and you thought she was gonna dodge it. But right when she was in front of him, Katsuki swung his arm across and his explosion hit her head-on. 

You winced as she flew back. 'Ooh, that must've hurt.'

The stage was lightly clouded with smoke and you could smell the burnt aroma from the stands. Then, you saw Bakugou rapidly spin and attack a sliver of blue from within the smoke. You thought he had gotten Uraraka, but then she leapt out from the smoke cloud behind him, and you realized she had faked Bakugou out with her jacket. 

You sat forward in your seat and your chin rested in your hands. You were curious of the match; Uraraka was better at battle strategy than she'd led on. You thought that surely she'd gotten the jump on him and would make him float out of bounds, but that was quickly proven wrong. With almost no time lag, Bakugou spun around, creating another explosion that tore up rocks and blew Uraraka away. 

Your eyes widened, impressed by Bakugou's inhuman reflexes. 

"Look at that reaction time!" Sero said.
"Seriously, the dude's insane," Kaminari stated in astonishment, "You can't get the drop on him."
Kaminari turned to you and jokingly said, "I don't know what you see in him, (L/n). He's totally insane."
You turned to Kaminari in shock, "What do you mean you don't know what I see in him? I-it's not like I like him like that."
Kaminari smirked, "Suuure. Then why are you always around him?"
"Well," You said, justifying yourself, "It's because he's... intriguing. His combat skills are amazing, and he's incredibly intelligent too. Even though his social skills are far from functional, he is a very interesting character to say the least."
"Sure, (L/n)," Kaminari said with a teasing smirk. 

You playfully rolled your eyes and turned back to the match. Uraraka kept relentlessly charging at Bakugou, but he just lashed her back with his explosions. But Uraraka kept getting up, taking hit after hit as chunks of cement flew and dark smoke filled the air. 

Everyone was tense as they watched the brutal battle.

"Is she okay?" Tsuyu wondered in concern. 
Jirou covered her face with her hands, "I can't watch this!"
"It's like I always suspected, Bakugou's a totally sadist," Mineta seriously said.

You crinkled your nose at Mineta's unsettling comment. He was always spewing perverted things like this. How'd he even get into the Hero Course?

Regardless, the battle dragged on. Uraraka's unfaltering spirit continued to burn brightly as she rushed at Katsuki. But her attempts were unmatched by his powerful and relentless attacks. Her determined shouts and Katsuki's brutality against her made everyone upset. 

"Looks like she's not resting between attacks despite being exploded... poor girl," Present Mic commentated. 

You started hearing disapproving voices from the crowd.