Chapter 28: Todoroki vs. Sero

"Looks like Deku moves on, huh?" You said, turning to Bakugou.
"Tch," He turned his head away, "That loser was just lucky."
"Whatever you say, Baka-gou," You smirked.
"Hey! What'd you call me!?" Bakugou barked.
"Baka-gou? I like that name," Kaminari complimented.
"Thanks, I came up with it," You replied.

Suddenly, you spotted Midoriya in the corner of your eye. You turned around and faced him as he came down the stairs.

"Hey, Deku, you were really great out there!" You smiled.
"O-oh! Thanks, (L/n)!" Midoriya returned.

He then continued to his way to the seat Uraraka and Iida had saved for him.

You turned back around to see Bakugou glaring at you.

"What?" You questioned.

He just turned away, ignoring you.

"Oooh~ Bakugou's jealous~" Kaminari teased.
"You wanna die Dunce Face!? It's only because Deku isn't worth shit!" Bakugou snapped back.

Suddenly, flames erupted from the corners of the battle field. You turned your attention to the field.

"Thank you for waiting! Next up is... These guys!" Present Mic exclaimed.

The two competitors stepped onto the field.

"He's good! He's good, but what's with that plainness he just can't get rid of? From the hero course, Hanta Sero!!"

"That's a little harsh, dontcha think?" You asked.
"Yeah, a little," Kaminari agreed.

Katsuki ignored you.

"Versus- Taking third, then first in the prelims! You're way too strong kid! He wasn't recommended for admission for nothing! Also from the hero course, Shoto Todoroki!!"

The crowd cheered and applauded, getting riled up in hopes that the second match would be much more interesting than the first.

"Well, I should get going," Kaminari said getting up. "I'm on deck, so I gotta go to the waiting room."
"Good luck on your battle then," You smiled.
"Thanks, (L/n)," Kamnari replied.

He walked away to the waiting room.

"And now for the second match of the finals... Ready... Start!"

Almost immediately Sero lashed out and sent out his tape. It wrapped around Todoroki, capturing him. Sero swung his arm around, pulling the tape along with Todoroki out of bounds. But as Todoroki was getting swung around, he sent out ice at a rapid pace and in a flash, the field was covered in it.

A huge ice glacier with large, sharp spikes was covering about half of the stadium.

Everyone was shocked and frozen. You stared with wide eyes at the scene. It was so easy for Todoroki to win. If you got to the finals, how would you defeat him? He didn't even move a muscle!

Finally, Midnight spoke up.

"Sero, can you move?" She asked shivering from half of her body being covered in ice.
"O-of course n-not," Sero stuttered, clearly freezing. "Ow..."
"Sero is immobolized! Todoroki advances to the second round!" Midnight declared.

Unlike before, the crowd didn't cheer. Everyone was still in shock at what had happened. They were still all shaken by Todoroki's power, maybe even a little scared of it. But that all stopped once a Pro in the crowd shouted out.

"Don't worry about it!"

The crowd soon started chanting it together.

"Don't worry about it!"