Chapter 14: The USJ

It had been a few days since the security system break in. Today, class 1-A was going on a school field trip.

"Today's training will be a little different. You'll have 3 instructors: Me, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you," Mr. Aizawa informed.
'Three teachers? Does that mean this'll be dangerous? Or is it because of the break-in?' You wondered.
"Sir!" Sero shouted raising his hand, "What kind of training is this?"
"Rescue. You'll be dealing with natural disasters, shipwrecks, stuff like that," Mr. Aizawa answered.
"Disasters, huh? Sounds like we're in for a big work out," Kaminari commented.
"Totally!" Ashido agreed.
"Real hero stuff! This is what separates the men from the boys. I'm shaking with excitement," Kirishima said to himself.
"Finally, I'll get to show off how good I am in water. Ribbit," Tsu stated.
"Guys, I'm not finished yet," Mr. Aizawa cut in.

Everyone gasped, frightened at what was to come from their teacher.

"What you wear in this exercise is up to you. I know you're excited about costumes..." He said as he made the brief cases come out of the wall, "...but keep in mind that you haven't gotten used to them yet, and they might limit your abilities. This special training's at an off-camp facility, so we'll be taking a bus to get there. That's all. start getting ready."

Mr. Aizawa then left to go outside to the bus.

All your classmates got up and went to go grab their hero suit. You grabbed yours and changed. You then walked outside to where the rest of your class was.

"Hey, (L/n)!" Kirishima shouted at you as he waved you over to him, Kaminari, and Sero.
You walked over to them, "Hey Kirishima."
"Your hero costume is really cool, (L/n)," Kaminari complimented.
"Aw, thanks, Kaminari," You gushed.
"Hey, (L/n), we were wondering if you wanted to sit next to us on bus," Sero asked.
"Yeah," Kirishima added with a nod, "How about it?"
"Well-"

A loud whistle blew.

"Gather around class 1-A!" Iida loudly ordered, "Using your student numbers, form two neat lines, so we can load the bus efficiently."

He kept blowing the whistle and waved his arms around trying to get everyone to do as he was saying.

"Man, Iida really is taking his role as deputy seriously," You commented.
"Yeah, he's not even the rep or anything," Kirishima agreed.
"Well, I guess I'm can't sit with you guys," You said.
"Aw man," Kaminari whined.

You just smiled and walked away into the line to board the bus. Everyone got onto the bus and it pulled away from the building.

"This bus's open layout ruined my boarding strategy," Iida sulked.
"Iida, you really need to chill," Ashido said.
"If we're pointing out the obvious, then there's something I wanna say," Tsu proclaimed. She turned to Midoriya, "About you actually."
"About me? What is it, Asui?" Midoriya wondered all flustered.
"I told you to call me Tsu," Tsu stated.
"Oh... yeah, right..." Midoriya trailed off.
"That power of yours, isn't it a lot like All Might's?" She asked.
"What really? You think so, huh?" Midoriya responded, seeming a little panicked, "I never really thought about that. I guess it's kinda similar..."

You glanced over at them, 'Now that I think about it, his power is pretty similar...'

You looked over at Katsuki to see his reaction at Midoriya being compared to the number 1 hero. He was just staring out the window, not caring about a thing being said.

"Wait, hold on, Tsu. You're forgetting that All Might doesn't hurt himself. That makes a huge difference," Kirishima brought up, "Still, I bet it's cool having a simple augmenting-type Quirk. You can do a lots of flashy stuff with it. My hardening's super strong and can destroy bad guys in a fight, but it doesn't look all that impressive."
"Oh no way, I think it looks really cool. You're definitely pro material with a Quirk like that," Midoriya complimented,
"You really think so?" Kirishima questioned, "Seems like I'd be easier to be a popular hero if I had somethin' flashier."
"My naval laser has the perfect combination of panache and strength," Aoyama chimed.
"But it's way lame if it gives you a stomach ache sweetie," Ashido brought up as she rested a hand on Aoyama's shoulder.
"Well, If any of our classmates have pro Quirks, it's Todoroki, (L/n), and Bakugo," Kirishima stated.