Chapter 23: Cavalry Battle

"What could our next event be?" Midnight wondered, "Now here it is..."

Midnight raised her arm and gestured to the screen as the words "Cavalry Battle" appeared on it.

"A cavalry battle? I'm bad at those," Denki complained.
"It's not an individual event, so I wonder how it'll work..." Asui wondered.
"Let me explain," Midnight said as if hearing Asui's question. "The participants can form teams of two to four people as they wish. It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but the only thing that's different is based on the results of the last game, each person has been assigned a point value."
"So, it's a point-based system like in the entrance exam, huh?" You quietly muttered to yourself.
"In other words, each team is worth different points depending on who's on the team!" Uraraka stated.
"I see!" Ashido exclaimed.
"You guys don't hold back even though I'm talking, huh?" Midnight angrily snapped.She turned back to the audience. "Yes, that's right! And the points assigned go up by five starting from the bottom. So 42nd place gets five points, and 41st gets ten points!"
'So if that's how things are going, then that would mean first place would get-' Your thoughts were interrupted.
"-Ten million!" Midnight loudly announced.
'T-Ten million?!' You exclaimed in your head.

You looked over at Midoriya, your eyes narrowing as you seemed to bore a hole right through his head with your glare.

'That means if I just manage to snatch his headband, I'll be in first place no matter what.' You smirked. 'That's much easier that having to protect my headband for the whole time. I'm low-key kinda glad that I didn't get first, because I'm sure to get it now.'

Midnight mischievously smiled. "That's right... It's a survival of the fittest, with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top!"

Midnight motioned to the screen.

"Now, I will explain the rules of the cavalry battle. The time limit is fifteen minutes. Each team is worth the total of its members' points, and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will try to grab each other's headbands until time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal. the harder it'll be to manage them! And the most important this is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team falls, you're not out!" Midnight informed.
"So, if you can't get out, and there are 42 people, there'll be at least ten or twelve teams running around the field the whole time," You said aloud.
"That's tough," Aoyama stated as he came out of nowhere with sparkles radiating off of him.

Others around you nodded, showing that they were thinking the same thing.

"During the game, it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your Quirks. But it's still a cavalry battle. You'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose. You'll be removed immediately!" Midnight informed.
"Damn," You heard Katsuki scoff.

You smiled at his comment.

"Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. Start!" Midnight announced.

You looked around for who you'd want to be on your team. But before you could even come up with a plan, you were swarmed by classmates.

"Hey, (L/n), wanna be on my team?" Denki asked.
"Please let me be on your team!!" Mineta pleaded.
"Wanna be a team, (L/n)?" Uraraka chimed.
"Hey, let's team up, (L/n)," Asui suggested.

You were getting so many questions thrown your way. You were flattered that everyone wanted to be on your team, but it was hard to chose. You didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings, but you had to chose wisely. You had to make sure your Quirks worked well together so you had a chance at winning. Suddenly, Todoroki came to the from and approached you.