Forward

Logan found himself spending more and more time with Rory and Ava, their old routine going straight out of the window. At the end of another lovely weekend together Logan he was busy tidying away some toys in Rory's apartment while she tucked Ava up in bed and tried to get her to settle down to sleep.

"Okay munchkin, I think that's enough of the story for tonight" Rory said as she placed the book down by Ava's bed.

"But I want to know what happens with the prince at the end. Does he marry Cinderella?" Ava asked with a yawn.

"You are just going to have to wait until tomorrow to find that out sweetie" Rory laughed as she leaned down to kiss her daughter goodnight. "Come on, let's get you all snuggled down," she said as she rearranged her daughter's teddy bear collection around her.

"Mommy, are you going to marry daddy?" Ava looked up at Rory with her sparkling blue eyes.

Rory was momentarily taken aback by this question that she had not been expecting and she needed a minute to compose herself before she answered. Meanwhile, Logan had just been passing the door to Ava's bedroom and happened to hear the question that she had just fired at her mommy. He paused by the door for a moment, not really want to eavesdrop on them but at the same time, he kind of wanted to know the answer himself. He was very interested to hear what Rory might have to say on the subject.

"I...erm, no sweetie I don't think so," she said gently as she perched on the edge of her daughter's bed and looked at the little girl staring up at her with her big blue eyes.

Logan exhaled and pouted a little as he stood outside the door – that was not what he wanted to hear Rory say at all and he felt a little sad if that was what she truly felt.

"You're not?" Ava said slightly disappointed.

Rory noticed her daughter's little face fall. She wasn't sure this was something she really wanted to get into right now, certainly not with Logan in the other room. The very last thing she wanted was for him to think that she was planning that far ahead.

"Well, I don't really know honey, it's not really that simple, but you never know, maybe one day. Anyhow, I know it's all about the dress for you, isn't it? You just want a nice pretty dress to wear and for me to buy you a tiara" she joked trying to lighten the mood as Ava giggled.

"A really sparkly one!"

"Well naturally" Rory smiled.

"You'd look like a princess mommy" Ava smiled.

Rory smiled. "All brides look like princesses Ava."

"But you'd be the prettiest of them all!" her daughter insisted.

Logan smiled at his daughter's words. He had to agree with that sentiment and he hoped that one day he'd get to see it.

"Like Snow White?" Rory questioned.

"No! Silly, she wasn't the prettiest, she was the fairest" Ava scolded her mommy.

"Oh silly me! I just don't know my princesses do I!" Rory smiled. "You'll have to teach me all about them. Now, missy, it's time for sleep."

Logan had heard enough. He felt a little bad for eavesdropping on Rory but then they'd never really talked about what a future together might look like. He walked away from the bedroom door and went and sat in the living room. When Rory had finished with Ava she came in to find him.

"Hey," she said as she threw herself down on the sofa next to him.

"Everything okay?" Logan looked at her.