(3) 'Are you mute now or something?'

Chapter 3- Kayla’s POV

“Kayla are you listening to me?” Amber shouted making me stir and take off my head from the table.

“What do you want amber?” I groaned, wanting to go back to sleep. Amber gave me a ‘you’re pathetic’ look making me slouch in my chair.

“You’ve been sleeping all lunch, don’t you want to eat?” Amber asked. I replied with a groan before dropping my head on the table again.

“Guess not.” She muttered under her breath as she continued devouring her burger. I looked around noticing most people were looking at me, probably because I look like shit. I had work until 5am so I barely even got 2 hours of sleep before I had to get ready for school. I tried hiding my dark circles with makeup but I failed completely as I don’t own much make up.

I know what you’re thinking; how can a teenage girl who’s popular not own any makeup. Well you see, considering that I barely have any money to put a shelter over my head I don’t want to be wasting any of the money on useless things.

The bell rang and just then my stomach rumbled. I groaned as I stole Amber’s last chip and walked towards my locker. I waved goodbye to Amber and Lexi who had gym and went to my maths class.

I walked in on time and sat near the back. I put my head down on the table just wanting to go home and sleep. I groaned again when I realized I have work again tonight. I had to take some extra shifts so I have enough money for rent but it’s still not enough.

The rent guy said he’s going to come again next week and I should have the money or else me and Cole will be kicked out.

I was close to falling asleep when I felt a poke on my arm. I looked up to see Kian there staring at me with no expression.

“This is my chair.” He said waiting for me to move.

“Actually, I’m pretty sure this chair is the school’s property.” I smiled at him, my nose scrunching in the process. You see, I’m one of those people whose eyes and nose scrunch up when I smile or laugh and I absolutely hate it.

“Just move to the front and sit with those bimbos.” He said effortlessly as he pointed at Chelsea and Tessa looking at their nails.

“Hey, they’re not bimbos!” I defended them furrowing my eyebrows.

“Are you serious? Look at them.” Kian pointed out looking bored. I looked at them again and saw them blowing bubbles with their gums and trying to talk at the same time.

“Okay, they’re not the brightest people but they’re not bimbos.” I tried to defend. Chelsea and Tessa are also on the dance team which is how we met.

Kian raised an eyebrow at me and damn does he look hot doing that. I had to resist the urge to drool.

“Are you going to move or not?” Kian asked expecting me to move.

“Nope.” I simply answered and starting taking out my equipment and putting it neatly on my table. I looked up to see Kian standing there with a shocked look so I shot him a smile and went back to fixing my stationary.

Kian threw his bag on the table next to mine and sat down crossing his arms and looking furious. I couldn’t help but let out an ‘aww’. He looked so adorable. Yeah, you wouldn’t expect a built up 18 year old to look cute when they’re furious but Kian just made me want to pull his cheeks.

“Did you just aww?” Kian asked.

“You look so cute when you’re angry; you make me want to pull your cheeks.” I cooed as I started pulling his cheeks as he pushed my hands away.