(24) "It takes two to tango love"

Chapter 24 – Kayla’s POV.

It was Christmas Eve and I was strolling around the nearby park just thinking about how far I’ve come.

I went from living in a rundown, dusty, cramped, stinky apartment to a mansion with God knows how many bedrooms and bathrooms (would you believe me if I said I still haven’t explored the entire place yet?)

I went from having a slutty bartender job to being a professional photographer and photographing many stunning and well-known models.

I went from surviving on practically nothing to having thousands in my bank balance (courtesy of both my job and Karen’s stubbornness to give me some money).

I went from being the most awkward child ever, to building some confidence and being able to stick up for myself.

I went from being extremely stressed out, to one of the happiest people ever.

And to think, all the positive changes in my life have all been because of Kian. If he never took me in, none of this would’ve happened.

Kian Matt Brooks is the reason for my happiness.

A smile formed on my face just thinking of him. Nowadays, it seems that whenever I’m around him, I have a permanent smile etched on to my face. Its small antics, the way he scrunches up his nose, the way he raises his eyebrow, his smirk, and his cute moments with Lilly.

I probably look like a paedophile, smiling in the park where a bunch of kids are around. I tugged my jacket closer to my body and adjusted the beanie at the top of my head and started my way back home.

Home; the one thing I thought I’d never be able to call a building again. But it’s true. The Brooks’ Mansion was now my home. That thought spread a warm feeling throughout my body.

As I walked up the steps and opened the door with the keys, the smell of cinnamon wafted through the air. My nostrils welcomed that scent eagerly.

“Kayla, is that you?” Dave called.

“Yeah Dave” I called back and shrugged off my jacket and boots and kept them aside. I walked into the living room where a makeshift fire was set up and sat down, leaning against the couch.

Kian walked in with two mugs of hot chocolate and sat down beside me, handing me one. I took a sip and instantly felt warm. Kian put one of his arms around me and tugged me closer to his body. My cheeks flamed for some reason.

“Aw, are the lovebirds warming each other up? What happened to us Pretty Mama?” Trevor feigned sadness and plopped onto the couch near us, with Cole and Jamie. Those boys never stay away from each other I swear.

“There was never an ‘us’ Trevor. You called that one when you went ahead and got another girlfriend” I sighed, sipping my hot chocolate.

“But you know I only love you” He pleaded and I held back a laugh.

“Yeah yeah you didn’t think of that when you told Andrea you loved her” I stuck my tongue out and he blushed.

Point for Kayla.

The boys started clapping him on the back and cheered for him. He shot me a glare and I winked.

“Awww my baby’s growing up!” Karen cheered and started pulling his cheeks, causing me to laugh even more.

“Finally you’re being a man. I thought you’d chicken out all the time. Even a blind man could tell you were in love with her” Dave stated.

I felt Kian’s grip tighten on me at the sound of Dave’s voice. I turned my head to look at him but his gaze was set somewhere else.