(22) "You can run but you can't hide Kayla"

Chapter 22 – Kayla’s POV.

I couldn’t stop staring into that spot, the spot my mother stood in. I could barely acknowledge someone shaking me until they slapped me. Not hard, but a slap nonetheless. I snapped out of my little reverie to glare at Kian.

See, Kian is the reason I’m growing white hairs on my head! He gives me anxiety. That little stupid ass.

“What the fuck was that for?!” I snapped.

“You looked like you saw a ghost” Kian looked slightly ... worried? Haha yeah course he is.

“I didn’t see a ghost” My mother.

“You sure? You went pale and kept staring off into space” He raised an eyebrow.

“Kian, shut up before I don’t buy you ice cream” I crossed my arms over my chest.

My expression turned smug when I saw Kian’s face drop.

I pinched his cheeks and started pulling them, “Awwww! You look so cute when you’re upset” I gushed.

He slapped my hands away, no biggie.

“We’re still in school, I have a reputation to keep” He crossed his arms over his chest and I held back a laugh. He’s still so adorable!

“I’m not adorable! I’m sexy!” He yelled, throwing his hands up.

Did I say that out loud?

“Yeah yeah come on let’s get your 6ft lanky figure some ice cream” I tapped his chest considering I couldn’t reach his head to tap it like a dog.

“Jesus why do I deal with you?” He mumbled to himself, following me.

“Because you love me!” I spun around and laughed then jogged to his car, where Trevor, Jamie and Cole were waiting for us. I stood there, with my hand outstretched, waiting for his keys.

He caught up to me, looked at my grinning expression, then my hand, then my face, then my hand.

“Oh hell no! You ain’t driving my car” He shook his head. My face fell into a puppy dog face.

“Pwease?”  I batted my eyes.

“No” And with that he went to his side of the car and I walked around to the other side, mumbling profanities under my breath.

The boys kept laughing and I flipped them all. I’m feeling way too cranky right now.

Kian drove to the ice cream parlour cracking jokes with the boys whilst I stuck my face to the window thinking about my mother.

What the hell was she doing here? She’s supposed to be-

“Kay?” Cole nudged me and I turned to look at him. He wordlessly hugged me and kissed my temple and I leaned into him, smelling that familiar cologne I love. My brother is awesome.

“What’s up?” He whispered.

“I saw Mum” I whispered back. His body tensed.

“That’s impossible”

“I know. I’m probably hallucinating”

Time Bomb by All Time Low started blasting through the speakers and all of us started to sing out of tune. I kept laughing throughout the song cause of the way Trevor and Cole were making explosions using their hands. It was... very explicit, you could say.

None of the boys questioned why we were at the ice cream parlour. Pigs.

“What do you guys want?” I asked.