(13) 'Holy cow, I was not expecting that!'

Chapter 13- Kayla’s POV

I held my knees as I moved back and forth on my bed waiting for the alarm. I’m just way too excited to sleep. It’s my first day at work today and I am up 2 hours early, oops.

I hope everyone is nice there and don’t treat me like a lapdog just because I’m new. Karen explained to me where I need to go and what I need to do but I she didn’t mention who I was working with. She said I only have to for 2 hours today and meet a guy called Andrew. Apparently he’s the best and he’s going to be supervising me as I take pictures of the models wearing the dresses. I guess I’m a bit nervous but I know I was born to do this. If this goes well then I’ll get a permanent job here and then I might not even have to go to college.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

I quickly shut the alarm off and ran into the bathroom. It’s time. I had a quick shower and wore a floral full sleeved blouse with black jeans; I threw on some worn out brown boots. I put my hair in a half up and half down hairstyle with a bow at the back. Once I was happy with myself I looked at the time and realized I was still early so I spent another 30 minutes painting my nails.

“Kayla! Are you ready?” Karen shouted from the living room.

“Yep, I’m coming.” I shouted back grinning at myself in the mirror. This is it. Don’t mess this up Kayla, I sternly looked at myself and then jogged down the stairs.

“I’m ready.” I grinned at her trying to hide my nervousness.

“Kayla you’ll do fine, trust me.” Kian came from the kitchen and hugged me from behind. I smiled as I turned around and gave him a proper hug. This is the first time he’s actually willingly hugged me. I normally have to force him to hug me. Literally. I once chased him down the house and pinned him down and made him hug me. All I have to say is that I’ve got skills.

“Aw look he’s hugging me willingly.” I whispered to Cole over Kian’s shoulder.

“You know I can hear you.” Kian whispered back still not breaking the hug.

“I know now.” I whispered back. I then reluctantly stepped away from him. “I can’t believe this is actually happening.” I grinned at Cole and then skipped to him.

“I’m happy for you.” Cole smiled and he actually looked proud, an emotion that I barely ever see on his face for me. He’s always been reluctant in most things I do such as working in the bar so when the few times he is actually proud of me it really boosts my self-esteem.

“Thank you.” I hugged him before going to Karen.

“Are you ready?” Karen asked.

“I was born ready.” I bit back a smile as I followed her to the car waving to Kian and Cole.

The car ride went smoothly with the radio playing at the back and me and Karen making small talk. She told me more about who I’m working with. I’m going to be working with Andrew for the majority of the time. She said he’s great with photography but he’s a major flirt.

She also told me that the models would probably just do what they’re told and won’t converse with me. She also told me that I’m not allowed to date anyone working with them which I happily agreed to.

We pulled up into the parking lot and I followed Karen inside. As soon as we entered we were greeted by many people saying hello to Karen and politely waving at me. I smiled back as Karen lead the way to the photo shoot.

I was amazed as soon as I stepped inside the photo shoot. The background drop was plain blue and there were so many cameras. The models stood out from everyone else with their gorgeous outfits. I had to blink a few times before it all sunk in. This is the best thing that has ever happened to me.