(5) 'It's okay, I like my women old'

Chapter 5- Kayla’s POV

“Ha ha heyy!” I awkwardly smiled at Cole while he continued to glare at me.

“Well, what the hell are you doing here?” Cole shouted at me making me flinch. How the hell do I tell him what happened infront of Kian.

“Can I talk to you alone?” I asked hoping he would comply without making a fuss. Cole grabbed my arm and dragged me inside a huge room. Woah, this room is massive.

“Start explaining!” Cole sternly ordered, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Well, I thought I had enough money but I must have just counted wrong, I was 50 dollars short and this time the rent dude said he’s not giving us another chance so we kinda don’t have a home anymore. I’m sorry Cole. I tried, I promise I tried to get extra tips so I could pay the rent but I couldn’t do it.” I babbled as a tear dropped down my cheek.

“Kayla! Why didn’t you tell me? What are we going to do now? And that still doesn’t tell me why you were with Kian or why you’re here?” Cole hugged me and placed my head on his chest as he asked all these questions.

“When the guy kicked me out I had nowhere to go so I resorted to the park bench. I saw Kian walk by and I asked if I could stay the night because it was really cold and I was scared.” I truthfully told him as he pulled back from the hug with a frown.

“You should’ve told me that you didn’t have enough money, I would’ve stayed home and dealt with that guy.” Cole scolded me.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t want to worry you.” I frowned.

“You're my sister, you're family, your problems are my problems as cheesy as it sounds," he stated making me chuckle very lightly, "but make sure you tell me next time and what are we supposed to do now?” Cole asked the dreaded question which I was trying to avoid.

“I guess I’ll just sell some of my stuff and get an extra job so I have enough money and we can rent another apartment but until then you need to stay here.”  I strictly told Cole.

“Kayla, where are you going to stay? If you stay here, they’re going to want answers and I know you don’t want anyone to know.” Cole stressed.

“Don’t worry, I’ll just stay at Ambers. I couldn’t go there today because she lives to far.” I explained while he nodded. I could still see the worry in his eyes.

“Hey, you never told me what you’re doing at Kian’s house with Trevor.” I stated.

“Are you really that stupid?” Cole asked while I glared at him. “Trevor and Kian are brothers, couldn’t you tell by their surnames?” Cole shot me a weird look.

“I didn’t realize that they had the same surname!” I defended myself. I bet you he's probably thinking: "is she that stupid?"

"Are you that stupid?" He wondered out loud, looking up as if asking why. I shook my head in disbelief. I glared at him.

“Let’s go.” Cole forced a smile and led the way out. I followed him and as soon as we came out we saw Kian on top of Trevor while there was a little boy playing on his Nintendo.

“I’ve got the snacks!” Another boy who I don’t know entered the room with snacks.

“Hey guys, this is Kayla, my sister.” Cole smiled and I saw the little boys gaze tear away from the Nintendo and look at me. I awkwardly smiled and waved at him.

“Hi.” I smiled while all the boys just stared at me before getting off each other.

“Well hello there pretty thing, I’d normally freak out if a girl interrupted guys night but you’re more than welcome to stay.” The little boy flirted. My eyed widened in disbelief as I went down on my knees to be closer to his height.