Chapter 22- Hiding

Olivia's P.O.V
Bellamy's hand remained on my lower back, while we hurried through the deserted corridors and sometimes an airshaft. "Whole Mount Weather must've heard that explosion." I said as we had taken the risk to take the fastest, but most used, corridor and found out it was empty.
"Believe me," Bellamy started, "even Raven could've heard that." I chuckled lightly and remained silent again.
"This must be it." Bell told me and stopped in front of a door. I stepped besides him and knocked softly. Immediately a women opened like she knew we were there without knocking, "oh dears." She said and embraced me in a sudden uh, "we heard the explosion, are you okay?" She let go of me and let me inside, while Bellamy resisted.
"I need to finish the last things." He told her.
"Oh okay." She said and nodded understanding.
"Bell wait." I said before he walked away and- of course- kissed him quickly, "be careful."
"I will." He said, but slowly needed to let go. After he thanked the lady he left.
"Olivia, god." A familiar voice said and hugged me.
"I'm okay, Jasper." I told him and let go.
"Next time you play with acids, be more careful." He joked.
"C'mon, dear." The women said taking my hand, "you must be hungry. I also got you clothes you wore before washed and here." I smiled thankfully and got into another room to dress up in the light blue t-shirt and black jeans. At last I put on other shoes and checked if the picture was still in the soft red cardigan; luckily it was. I quickly ate some food; not to much, but just enough. I thanked the lady again and went to my friends. "Hey.'' I said quietly and sat down in front of Jasper.
"So, how'd you do it?" He asked.
"Do what?"
"Blow up the acid fog, of course." He replied.
"I don't even know how we did it actually." I said honestly, "I knew what I was doing, but it just exploded when Bell and I crawled back through an airshaft."
"Not fair," Jasper shook his head, "you get to go on mission impossible no we sit here worrying."
"Be happy I survived." I laughed.
"Thank you, Bellamy." Jasper joked. I slapped him playfully, but couldn't resist asking where Monty was. Jasper replied that Monty was with a few others in another house, nothing to worry about. But when Jasper finished talking about Monty, a short beep played over the speakers in Mount Weather.
"Message of the President." The man who lived also in this house informed us.
"My fellow citizens," Cage started over the speakers, "this is your president speaking. I have news to share with you that will change all of our lives forever. For 97 years, Mount Weather has been our home. It's kept us alive, but it has also held us captive. Most of us have made peace with what we've had to do to survive. We've done these things for one reason. So that our people could someday return to the Ground. That day is today." Jasper and I exchanged some warrior looks, "fore my friend, Lorelei Tsing, was murdered by the Outsiders still at large in this Mountain, she found a cure. It was in their bone marrow." Out of the corner of my eye I saw Maya silently joining us, "this has been the dream of our people since the bombs. But to reach it now, I need your help. The 44 criminals that reradiated Level 5, killing 15 of our people, are now keeping us from that dream. Although we've repaired our home, we can never replace the lives that were so viciously taken from us. Yet as hard as it is to believe, there are those among us who would help the people who did this. And I am speaking directly to you now. If you truly want to end the blood treatment once and for all, then the 44 murderers you're now hiding are the key to doing that. You have one hour to turn them in without punishments. After that, we'll be forced to consider you enemies of the state. I'm asking you, please, do what's right for your people, our people. So that we can all take our rightful place on the Ground. We're almost home." The message stopped.  Glanced at the people who now kept us save. They both didn't seem to know what to say, but eventually the man took a deep breath and wanted to say something. I was both curious and scared of what he would say. "The hole." He said finally and set aside a painting, "get in and hide." We quickly got in while he closed up the hole again. There were small openings in the painting where we could look through. My heartbeat raised when there was a knock on the door. Like they would hear me breathing, I held my breath.
"Step aside please." A stern voice said.
"Why? What's wrong?" The man who kept us hidden asked, but still stepped aside.
"We'll just be a moment," one of the two guards who got inside replied. The other followed after and opened random doors in his search.
"If you tell us what you're looking for," the woman started, still sitting on a couch, "maybe we can help you."
"You know what we're looking for." The guard responded harsh.
"Honestly, we don't know." The man said a bit nervous.
"According to your neighbors," the guard started, "you've been bringing extra food home after meals."
"That's not true."
"Is it true that you refused treatment 12 times in the past 15 years? Or that you," he turned to the lady, "refused them 30 times. Do you deny that?"
"We take the blood when we need it," she replied. "We don't take extra food."
"Then you've got nothing to worry about." A few very tense second followed. I didn't dare breathing normal again and could almost feel my heart in my throat. I couldn't close my eyes, though I wanted to so badly. The guard suddenly seemed to notice something, "where are they?!" He grabbed his gun and roughly pushed the man besides the women, "you have 5 second to cooperate."
"One. Two. Three. Four." He aimed his gun while the man begged them to stop and the women was already crying, "five." My heart stopped. I didn't hear gun shots, but Jasper.
"Wait. Wait." He pushed aside the painting, "please. Don't shoot," he stepped outside and dragged me along, while Maya hid behind him, "we're here, okay? Just leave them alone."
"I'm sorry." The man said sadly.
"No. We are." I whispered. The other guard walked towards us and while he was handcuffing me, I heard two gunshots. The first guard had killed off the man and the lady.

Like we were animals, they has changed us all to the same chain. Fox & Miller in the front, flowed by me, and at the end Jasper & Maya. We walked through a part I didn't recognize, probably deep in the Mountain. I also didn't know where Bellamy was at the moment, or if he even knew they ere bringing us to the drain-table. Though I wasn't quite sure if the drain-table was our destination, but where else would they bring us? If they brought us to the Harvest Chamber, they knew Bellamy would free us. And another thing that concerned me; they knew about the 'invader'. I was so deep sunken away in my thoughts, that I didn't even notice we stopped walking. It was only when the guard spoke I woke from my thoughts, "out of the way, Vincent." I looked up and saw the man who helped us so much.
"That's my daughter." He replied pointing at Maya in a sad voice.
"Dad, don't." Maya tried.
"Quiet." The guard ordered, "she's been aiding and abetting the Outsiders. You need to get out of the wat."
"I won't let you take her, Paul." Vincent said.
"Listen carefully. We've got orders. She knows where they're hiding. No, step aside. I'm not gonna ask you again."
"If you want her, you gotta go through me."
"Dad, please. They'll kill you." Maya begged, but the guard had already grabbed his gun. I heard Maya start crying behind me, but I could only stare, mostly emotionless, at the situation.
"Don't make me do this, Vincent." Even the guard sounded like he begged.
"I'm sorry, Paul." Vincent whispered. The guard pointed his gun. Shivers ran down my spine and tears formed in my eyes. The guard stepped closer, his gun still aimed...