.: Eighteen :.

A/N- cuteness warning (is there even a warning for that i'm pretty sure this is all you've wanted this whole time)

Connor's POV

"I'm cold." Evan shivers.

"So get a blanket, dork." I joke, earning a chuckle from him. 

"You're better than any blanket," Evan says softly, a blush creeping up on his face. This statement makes my heart flutter. I open my arms to let Evan fall into them. His face buries into my side for a second before he turns back to the tv. The episode ends, and Evan yawns. 

"You're also tired." I grin. Evan buries his face in my side again, pulling me a bit closer. I throw my arm around him and can't help but smile at the boy. 

"We're gonna go somewhere tomorrow," I announce out of nowhere. 

"Where?" Evan asks. 

"That's a surprise." I grin. 

"Now I can't wait!" Evan complains, yawning afterward.

"Go to sleep, and the wait will be quicker," I tell him. He whines, squirming a bit in my arms. 

"You're tired, look at you. You said you'd take better care of yourself, sleeps important too." 

"Fine." Evan agreed, laying his head on my side once more. 

"What are you doing?" I ask, chuckling. 

"I'm sleeping," Evan says. I shrug, half-hugging the boy closer to me. I then grab the blanket next to me and cover the both of us up. 

"Good night, Evan," I say when my eyes become droopy. 

"Good night Connor." 

-----

I open my eyes, allowing them to adjust to the daylight. I see that Evan is no longer in my arms. I sit up, looking around to see if I can spot him in the house. Sure enough, he's in the kitchen, looking panicked. I stand, walking over to the kitchen. 

"Shit, shit, shit!" Evan exclaims, not knowing I'm there. 

"Hansen cursing? Never thought of the day." I remark, clearly startling him. 

"You scared me!" Evan squeaks, his face turning red. 

"Oh, did I?" I tease him, grinning softly. 

"Y-yeah! You did!" His face flushes. I laugh. I then ruffle his hair, looking at the now burnt excuse of a pancake he was trying to cook. 

"Do you need help?" I ask, dumping the burnt pancake in the trash. 

"I made that pancake," Evan states the obvious. 

"Yeah, but no one would ever eat it," I say without thinking. It's immediately followed by a sorry. Evan tells me it's fine. 

"Want me to teach you?" I ask. 

"Sure!" Evan beams. I pull a hair tie from my wrist, putting my hair in a ponytail. 

"Well, it's always important to wash your hands before cooking," I tell him, walking over to the sink. He and I put too much soap on our hands, both laughing. I touch Evan's nose with my soapy hand, leaving a small cloud-looking blob of soap on it. He, in return, wipes my cheek with his hand, smothering soap on me. I scrunch my face up in fake disgust. We both laugh in unison. I paint more soap on his face with my finger, and we take turns lathering each other's faces in soap, laughing like idiots. Eventually, I remember the stove is on, waiting for some pancakes to be cooked. I quickly wash my face and hands, drying them off afterward. I wait for Evan to do the same, and then I grab the measuring cup full of batter. I pour some batter into the pan.