.: Thirteen :.

Connor's POV

I walk up to Evan's lunch table, looking up at Jared when I notice he isn't there. 

"Uh, where's Evan...?" I ask, looking around the immediate area. 

"Ya know, Murphy, I thought he was with you. He's been leeched onto you for the past week and a half, so I never really have to worry about him. I've passed that job on to you." Jared interlaces his hands together, raising his eyebrows. 

"Well, he isn't with me, you idiot." I sit down violently. Jared says nothing, looking at Alana, another girl I'm not very familiar with but have heard her name around. 

"So where the fuck could he be, Kleinman? You're his 'family friend' or whatever. You obviously know him more than me." I thrash my arms around while speaking. 

"Check the first floor bathrooms, right near the auditorium." Jared rolls his eyes. I get up, walking out of the cafeteria and towards the auditorium. As I pass the doors, I see someone through the small windows. 

Evan.
Zoe. 

The two are talking, Evan writing something down every once in a while. He smiles weakly, writing something down when I realize I haven't interrupted them. With a huff, I swing the door open, catching both of their attention. 

"And what do we have here?" I ask, crossing my arms. 

"I'm helping Evan write a song," Zoe responds, Evan confirming this by nodding. 

"Evan, you write songs?" I ask, curious. 

"Y-yeah... I-I hope you don't mind y-your sister helping me..." Evan looks down, his cheeks turning slightly red. 

He looks cute.

"No, no, it's fine," I say, to my surprise and to his. 

"But, uh, next time, tell me. You kind of had me scared, not being at lunch and all." I admit.

"Oh! Of c-course. I'm really sorry..." Evan smiles.

"See you." I wave as I push the door open. I walk back to the cafeteria, sitting back with Jared and Alana. 

"So, was he where I told you or not?" Jared looks unimpressed. 

"He was in the auditorium with my sister, actually." I sigh. 

"Yeah, he's got the fattest crush on her." 

"I know, I'm not dumb." I squint my eyes at Jared. 

"He told you?" Jared laughs, Alana laughing slightly as well. 

"Not exactly, but I can tell." I reason. 

"Hey, Connor? Did you do the chemistry homework? I need a passing grade, and we're lab partners, so..." Alana butts in. 

"Shit. I was extremely busy last night." I facepalm myself. Alana sighs. I pull it out along with a pen, looking at each question and answering it quickly. 

"You do realize that next period is chem, right?" Alana asks. 

"I'm an expert at doing assignments a class before they're due, Alana. Just let me be." I roll my eyes. 

"This is our table, Murphy." Jared crosses his arms. 

"Cool," I say, answering more questions as I speak. 

"Are you sure your answers are even right?" Alana points to my paper. 

"Listen, I may look really dumb-" I start.