.: Three :.

Quick A/N: I might start doing author's notes before and after the chapter, what do you think of that? Kinda iffy on it because I don't want to be super annoying, but let me know! :D
Enjoy the chapter!

Evan's POV

"So... The kid who literally will destroy everything in his path, and who's likely a school shooter, asked to be your friend? Damn. And what did you say?" Jared seems shocked with the whole thing, though there's a good chance he's exaggerating. 

"I-I... I might have, I said yes...?" My voice elevates pitch, cracking on the word 'yes'.

"Well, that's just great..." Jared throws his arms up, "If you get killed, I'm truly sorry." He puts a hand on my shoulder. 

"I don't think, I-he seems nice," I argue without getting loud. 

"But he did tell me that weactuallydidn'thaveto like hang out at school, but probably at home... I don't know though.." I speed up and slow back down while I talk. 

"Anything else to add to this mess of whatever's happening?" Jared rolled his eyes. 

"He said that he just needed his mom to think he had a friend... like-like a sort of fill-in friend?" My voice raises in pitch as if asking a question and Jared's eyes widen, as if not surprised. Right on cue, I see Connor enter the lunch room about 10 minutes late. He doesn't even lie an eye on Jared and me, sitting down where he did yesterday. He looks strange, his pupils dilated and quite red. 

"Looks like the school shooter is also a stoner." Jared taunts Connor, chuckling. 

"Would you fucking leave me alone!? God damn!" Connor yells, quieting everyone. He looks around the quiet room in half-terror, ready to storm out. I look at everyone's faces, ones filled with mischief, others filled with fright. I can imagine mine as a frightened one. 

"Connor, you're coming with me." Mr. Cray, the assistant principal for juniors, says sternly. Connor picks up his bag, checks that Mr. Cray isn't looking, and flicks the whole room off. Before he leaves the room, his eyes meet my terrified ones, and he glares at me. The room stays quiet, shocked from the event that had just occurred.

------

I walked into the bathroom, seeing Connor angrily tugging at his long and wavy hair. 

"O-Oh! I'msorryI'llleaveifyouwant." I speed talk, turning out of the door.

"No." Connor's voice sounds harsh and makes me incredibly nervous. I swivel back around, standing in the bathroom and watching him as he stays silent and breathes loudly. Moments later, he stands up straight. He walks toward me, shoving a small piece of paper into my hands before walking past me and out of the bathroom. Baffled, I open the small slip of paper. 10 numbers and Connor's name is written on it. 

His phone number. 

Me, getting someone's phone number. What a lucky day. 

I stood there for a while, just staring at the series of numbers on the small slip until someone else came into the bathroom. I jumped, shoving the paper into my front pocket and acting like I was just going to leave. My heart raced for several minutes before slowing down to normal. 

Soon after I came from the bathroom, the last bell rang. Everyone practically shoved their things in their bags, but I took time. Most people wanted to leave, and I did too, though I didn't show it all as much. I was walking out of the school, ready to go home, before Jared fell into step next to me. 

"Don't trust Connor." He simply said, walking away quickly. 

Don't trust Connor.

When I got home, I texted Connor. It was much easier to text than to talk.