CHAPTER 35 : Against all odds

Kenzo's POV

I rushed in the hospital the moment I received Erin's call. I just arrived from a business trip and that kind of news welcomed me. My heart is thumping erratically inside my ribcage upon thinking of her situation.

"I am looking for Ms. Jamie Torres, can you tell me where her room is?" I asked the receptionist, while still composing my self.

"She's in the room 201 Sir." she replied.

I almost run along the path way of the hospital to quickly find her room. I found Erin sitting in the bench near the room where Jamie is.

"What happened?" I sit beside her. She turned her gaze to me with a worried look on her face. Seconds past and still she's not saying anything.

What the h3ll?!

"Really?! You're not going to stare at me with that look upon your face, are you?" I felt like I was about to lose my control but still I've waited for her to speak.

She slowly opened her mouth, "S-she.."

"She was..What??" I interrupted. Why do girls love to make the situations to be suspense?

"A-ano kasi.. e-easy ka l-lang--" She said trying to talk straightly. This woman is impossible she wants me to take it easy but then she was the one whose stuttering and a bit nervous.

I shifted my gaze to the door of Jamie's room and I saw the doctor came out.

"Excuse me, Are you related to the patient?" The doctor politely asked. "Yes." Erin and I said in chorus.

"H-how is she doc?" I nervously asked.

"Don't worry the patient is now fine. She just got a cut on her head but its not that serious especially now that we have it treated immediately. You may visit her now."

The doctor said with a reassuring smile.

I immediately go inside the room to see Jamie. She was half-lying on the hospital bed with a thin strip of bandage on her head.

"How are you feeling? Does your head still hurts?" I asked in a worried tone. She just smiled at me before she speak, "I'm fine, it's just a minor cut." she said pointing the part of her head where there is a bandage. "Masyado lang talagang OA yang si Erin.." She added. I look at Erin who is now scratching her nape absentmindedly.

"He-he. Sinubukan ko naman kasing ipaliwanag ng bonggang-bongga kay Kenzo, kaso lagi na lang niyang pinuputol ang sinasabi ko!" Erin explained. Great! I was about to passed out upon hearing what happened, Then now I have found out that its not as bad as it is. Erin! You're really impossible.

"Kayo talaga.. Pero thank you sa pag punta agad-agad, though parang medyo nakaabala kami ni Erin sayo.." She looks at me and there I notice that I am still on my bussiness attire. "You should go home. Para makapagpalit ka at makapagpahinga." she added then put her hand on top of mine.

"No. It's okay. I'll stay." I said insisting.

"Kenzo, I'm okay. Okay? Isa pa nandito naman si Erin. Kailangan mo magpahinga baka mamaya ikaw naman ang magkasakit." she replied squeezing my hand.

"But--" my words cuts off when someone knocks and open the door.

"Jamie!" It was her Sister. Shocked register on her face when her eyes landed on me.

"Ate." -Jamie

"I think I have to go. I'll be back. Okay?" I said then kissed her on her forehead before I excused myself.