First Date- Blink-182.

Calum:

In the car, I just can't wait,

To pick you up on our very first date,

is it cool if I hold your hand?

Is it wrong if I think it's lame to dance?

Calum fumbled with the keys in the ignition, as he waited in a long line of traffic. He sighed, running a hand through his hair, and checking his reflection in the mirror once more. As the traffic cleared up, Calum pushed the pedal down to start up his car again, making it race fast down the road- although his thoughts were racing faster. After months of having a huge on crush on his best friend, he had finally found some courage and asked her out. Now, driving in the car to pick you up, Calum couldn't determine whether he was excited or happy or even scared. There was a mix of all three with a touch of optimism.

Upon arriving at your house, Calum sat patiently in the car, after texting you that he was outside. When you came running out, in jeans and a top, he breathed a sigh of relief that you hadn't taken this whole thing so seriously, but he couldn't help noticing how it was your best pair of jeans, and your newest top.

"Hey!" You said cheerily, once you were in the car. Calum returned your greeting, before smiling shyly,

"You look nice." You blushed, looking away,

"Thank you. And so do you." You responded quietly.

Calum noticed your hands folded in your lap, and hesitated slightly, before gaining confidence, and slipping one of his hands into yours. You smiled up at him, and you stayed smiling, as his hand didn't leave yours for the rest of the drive.

***

"That was... good" You grinned, leaning back in your chair, after your meal. Calum nodded, taking a sip of his drink, before setting it down again. You noticed that a few waiters were pushing tables and chairs aside, to create a big space in the middle.

"Are they closing already?" You asked. Calum chuckled, shaking his head,

"Nah... they just do this thing where they dance with a partner after eating, to burn off whatever they've eaten."

"Oh.." You paused for a second before "Want to try it?"

Calum froze, "[Y/N], you know how lame I think slow dancing is" He whined.

You giggled, looking up at the huge clock "Well, it's only 8 o clock, so..."

"I know a bowling alley, down the road. Want to-?"

"Let's go" You said eagerly, grabbing your jacket, and smiling broadly as Calum took your hand again- this time without the slightest trace of hesitance.

Ashton:

I really wish it was only me and you,

I'm jealous of everybody in the room,

please don't look at me with those eyes,

please don't hint that you're capable of lies,

Ashton could swear that waiter had been looking at you all night. He had been watching that every time you put your head down, the waiter glanced at you briefly.

Ashton didn't feel comfortable telling you, but he was just on the edge of 'telling' the waiter.

"Are you okay?" You asked, eyeing him curiously as he took another sip of his water. You noticed his plate was untouched, his knife and fork still rested on either side. "Aren't you going to eat?"

Ashton nodded, picking up his fork, and pushing his food around his plate.

"What's wrong?" You asked softly.