A TV Show Host Insults You

Ashton:

You squeezed Ashton's hand as everyone took their positions, the cameraman holding up his hand. "And we're live in three...two.." in the place where he was supposed to say one he pointed his finger, the red "LIVE" sign illuminating. "Good morning, I'm Lisa Wilkinson and welcome to the Today Show. I'm sat here with the star studded couple Ashton Irwin and (Y/N) (Y/L/N) who will be joining us for the show." she started, you and Ashton both smiling at her. She turned to you, placing her hands in her lap. "It's so nice to have you here, and might I say (Y/N) you look incredible." she complimented. "Thank you so much same to you." you smiled. "Now tell me, how are the two of you holding up this relationship? I mean you seem to be handling the media and the fans so well, whereas most celebrities struggle to hold onto solid relationships in the spotlight. How do you do it?" she questioned. You turned to Ashton, the both of you giving each other a smile before he spoke. "Uh, I think we really just try to be as normal as possible. I mean yeah the tours and stuff take me away for a while sometimes but in a sense it just makes every moment we have together that much more special." he said, you picking up where he left off. "Yeah I mean we're a normal couple, the only thing different is that on nights where he could be at home with me he's playing a show to hundreds of thousand of people, or when we go on dates cameras follow. But as a girlfriend you know it doesn't matter how long he's gone or how busy he gets because I mean yeah he sometimes doesn't have time for you but I feel like that's what being a girlfriend is all about. No matter what career or what path your partner chooses to follow you'll support them no matter what, because you love them." you finished, Ashton smiling at you. "Well that was just precious." she said, a smile on her face. "Now I do want to know in fact how you deal with the hate, is there any tension within the relationship when you hear news stories about one or the other?" she asked, face curious. "Well I mean," you began, taking a breath. "In all honesty we really don't care. Yes the things they say can be hurtful but on the other hand you have to stop looking at the negative comments and start looking at the positive ones. Yes there will be a lot of derogatory statements but there are fans who support us and love us together. And in the back of my mind I guess I just have to tell myself you know what, these girls adore him. I get that, and in my position, I will admit right now, I try my hardest to be sure that I'm not stepping on any toes even though Ashton is my boyfriend." you said. "Hmm, well going back to the first thing you said, don't you believe that saying you don't care about what the fans think is a little rude?" she asked. Your heartbeat picked up, not realizing that your words would backfire on you. "No, no of course not I meant-" "Because it seems to me that even though you say you don't want to step on anyone's toes, you actually don't even care about his fans." she interrupted. You looked at her, at a loss for words. "I never said that-" "Now why would you want to date someone so rude, Ashton?" she cut you off, turning her head towards him. Looking beside you, you could see Ashton's features becoming angry. You could tell he was a little less that pleased by the way she was speaking to you. "She's not rude." he shot back, the interviewer taken back by his tone of voice. "She never once said that she didn't care what the fans thought. She said that she didn't care about the hate. Did you not just hear everything she said about being considerate towards the fans because she knows that many of them look at me as their own? Did you know that sometimes she won't even hold my hand when we're in public because she knows how upset it makes some fans? Did you know that a lot of times she won't wear things I buy her because if some of the fans found out they'd be hurt? Did you know that she replies to them on twitter and instagram and lets them know that they're beautiful? Did you know that she actually cares?" he questioned, hand getting tighter around yours. Before the interviewer could say anything he spoke up one last time. "Oh that's right, you didn't. Because all you did was hear what you wanted to hear for the media's own benefit right?" he spat. After a few moments of silence the interviewer spoke, clearing her throat. "I think this calls for a break, we'll be right back after this." she said, looking towards the camera. When they called cut Ashton stood, storming off to the green room as you hurried to follow him. "Ash.." you said, walking and sitting beside him. He sighed. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that she just, ugh she pissed me off." he said. You giggled, placing a kiss on his cheek "I know, I know. Thank you for standing up for me like that." you smiled, him smiling back.