Chapter Nine

​​​​​​ *Leah's PoV*

When Logan brought me into my room, thinking I was sleeping, it sorta surprised me. He usually checked if I were awake because my eyes twitch in my sleep for some unknown reasons. When I heard the lock on the door make a 'click' sound I quickly sat straight up in my bed. Slow enough so it wouldn't make a sound and alert everyine who wanted to kill Jake and his friends. I sighed and looked around my bedroom, standing up from the bed and onto the creaking floor. Slowly and cautiously I walked towards the black desk in my room and grabbed one of my song notebooks and a pencil that was near it. I walked back to my bed and sat before starting on a new song.

' 'Nobody would notice, If I were to perish

Threw all the dreams I've had.

Floating in the sky, never to be able to face reality. 

Nobody cares if I were to perish

Threw all the dreams I've had' '

'Minutes go by, I'm still waiting

For people to show me they care.

Time is running out before I fade into my dreams.

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock

Time is running out. 

Fading away, people yelling as if they ever cared.

So many lies, go threw my ears as I watch the people who once cared.

Tick,  tock, tick, tock

Time is almost out ' '

' 'Yells are heard as I fade away

Facing my demons of despair.

Never have would I have guessed, that I would be here.

I always felt like I didn't belong , and I guess people where right when they said I shouldn't be there.

Drowing behind the time of despair.

Tick, tock, tick, tock

Time is running out. ' '

' 'Nobody would notice, If I where to perish

Threw all the dreams I've had.

Floating in the sky, never to be able to face reality. 

Nobody cares if I were to perish

Threw all the dreams I've had' '

I placed the pencil down, my hand starting to cramp as I read over the cursive worlds, picking up my pencil sometimes to correct my errors or earess something. It's how I felt right now. The song was about Jake mostly because he never cared. I heard my bedroom door creak open and I perked my head up to see a certain brunette elf standing there, closing the door quietly behind him. He turned towards me and just stared at me. After 5 minutes of feeling his stare, I let out an awkward cough that pulled him out his trance, sorta. "O-Oh! Hey Leah..You okay?" Zach asked and walkes over to my bed before sitting next to meet on it. I could see him reading the book which caused me to quickly close it so he couldn't read my song, or the rest of what he didn't read. I shook my head at his question and turned my body to look at him. "Logan told us what happened when you still lived in Ohio" He spoke up softly, looking up from where he had his hands in his lap, to my greenish blue orbs. My eyes widened in slight fear. "Do-Do you mind if I look at your wrists?" He spoke up softly, the studder in the beginning breaking my heart. I shrugged and he smiled softly. I trusted him more than the other boys. I watched as he gently pulled up the sweaters long sleeve, scars from previously cutting up my arm. "Oh my gosh" I heard him mumble softly. 

Feeling slightly insecure that he would judge me, I pulled back my arm and rolled the gray woll sleeve down. I saw him look up at me with glossy eyes. "Why?" He spoke up softly, like Logan didn't tell gim and as if he wanted to hear it from me or at least see it in words written by me. Using the notebook in my hand, I flipped to a fresh page in it and started writing, exactly what Logan had told thrm. About the bullying, the hate and stuff like that. When I saw Zach finish reading what I read to him he looked at me with teary eyes. 

"Promise me you won't cut yourself or hurt yourself in anyway again Leah" He spoke up. My eyes widened and I shook my head knowing full well I would not be able to keep up to the promise. "Leah, promise me" He spoke up louder again. I let out a sigh and signed the words 'I promise Zachary' on my hands. I only know some sign language due to my mom teaching me because she hated the fact I carried around a notebook with personal secrets that may end up getting lost in public one day.

***

So, the little song or poem up there is actually from when I was younger. I made it up when singing in the shower and wrote it downI actually found it recently, cramed in my drawe and decided why not put it in my book? So wa la! Anyway,Im gonna start making Smol bean Zachary Dean Herron fall in live with Amber Leah Paul!!