The Fight Song

Brooke: I had to figure out what I was gonna do. I had to throw away all of beverages so no one knew about my phase. ESPECIALLY my daughter. I was scared to have Savy home. I was scared. I just wanted everything to be okay. I grabbed Luke's hand while sitting in the living room. "Brooke, honey, you need help." "Luke... I don't need your fucking help" Lovely, Luke thinks I need help and I don't. I don't need help!!!! I just don't. Luke needs to let go. I just .. I just don't need help.

Luke: Brooke and I were sitting in the living room holding hands as I said to her, "Brooke, honey you need help." And she responded with "Luke I don't need your fucking help." I just wanted Brooke to stop drinking and to be better for her princess. Is that wrong to ask.

{An hour later...}

Brooke: I was in my office looking at my Air Force files, and heard Savy knock. I'm one scared momma...

Savy: Mom, why are there beer bottles everywhere..?
Brooke (under breathe:shiiiit) Had a girl's night... I'll take care of it. I promise.
Savy: okay.

Brooke: that was honestly a close one. Now I don't need help. I just don't. I can take care of myself...

Luke: I was taking care of the mess when I saw a letter written to her parents.. it was a Suicide letter. I was reading it when I looked up and saw Brooke in the doorway. She was crying... sobbing... screaming... "I'm sorry.." over and over.... I went over to her and took into my arms, "I'm going to get you help.. I promise you that. I promise" "no Luke, I have to live with my parents for a few days.."

Brooke: I called my parents to ask about me staying with them and Savy, so I could get help. I knew it broke Luke. As I was packing, Luke was standing in the doorway, "don't go.. please.." "Luke I have too..I need help." You could see the tears flowing while I walked away. Savy was in the car waiting. Luke stood there as he grabbed my arm I pulled away slowly as I walked. I opened my door, and turned to him, mouthed to him.. "I love you so much..." I got in and drove off...

{Days later...}

Luke: I honestly haven't heard from Brooke, so I decided to see her at her parents. When I went, Savy answered. "Mommas at the hospital, nana and poppa are here tho." I walked in and explained who I was.

Brooke's Dad(Terry): You must be Luke. Nice to meet you. Brooke tells us about you.
Brooke's mom(Linda): Terry honey, this is Brooke's love, I don't know just don't torture the man....
Luke: no it's fine, I'm wondering about how Brooke is progressing...
they both looked at each other and then looked at me and here I was in front of Brooke's parents... it didn't look good.
Terry: When Brooke got here, she came to me and sobbed hard.... she was in so much pain. She grabbed whiskey and chugged it. We grabbed her and took her to the hospital like the VA  suggested, and got her help. It's been what, Linda, 5 weeks..?
Linda: yeah, 5.
Luke: why does it feel like days...?
Savy: Daddy... will you be okay?
Luke: ( I was trying not to cry..) No.. I miss your momma.
Terry: go visit her..
Linda: she would probably like it... go.