Diana Ernestine Erale Ross

(What happened between the 2 years that Michael went to college)

Years passed and Diana, who is now known to all as Diane Ross, became a singer in a group called the Primettes.

The very first gig that she had ever had was when she dated Eddie Kendricks, from the Primes. It was the year 1960 & this was the year that she met Ottis Williams & The Distance, The early version of the Temptations. Diane walked into a room filled with people. A drunk young man from Ottis Williams & The Distance was trying to hit on her.

Diane: This is Florence Ballad, Mary Wilson, I'm Diane Ross. We're the Primettes. And this is Paul Williams & Eddie Kendricks. The Primes.

Al: Damn Diane, how'd you get to be so fine?

Eddie: Why don't you mind your damn business. She's spoken for. So back off.

Al: Why don't you make me!

Blue, Who is also a Distance, stopped this from turning into a fight and they got called onto the stage. Diane's group was enjoying the music but thought that they needed to move around more.

Eddie: They sound good.

Paul: Yeah but, look at them! They're just standing there. What's this?

He made a motion of imitation to the snapping which made Diane laugh. Diane then noticed Smokie Robinson walk in with Berry Gordy and alerted the group. The Distance' went off the stage to be congratulated by the Primes & Primettes.

Al: Top that.

They entered the stage and started with a bang. They sung the song 'Stay' and blew the roof off of the room.

When they got done everyone cheered. Eddie & Diane walked home together and talked about different things.

Eddie: Do you think Smokie & Mr. Gordy liked our performance?

Diane: I don't know. Smokie seemed to enjoy it.

Eddie: I loved being up there with you. Us singing together in the perfect harmony and now I get to walk you home tonight.

Diane smiled.

Diane: Yeah. Do you think our next gig will be just as good as this one?

Eddie: There is no doubt in my mind that says that we won't be as good.

Diane: Eddie?

Diane stopped walking and looked up at Eddie's eyes with a serious look.

Eddie: Yeah?

Diane: Do you think that Berry will contact us? I know that Paul and you went to talk to them but what did they say?

Eddie smiled and lifted up a card.

Diane's eyes lit up like fire and her smile was so bright that is could have been a candle. Eddie & Diane hugged each other. Eddie looked down at Diane and kissed her. They both felt like they were spinning in a world that revolves around their love as fireworks and stars circled around them. When they pulled away, they smiled and resumed walking to Diane's house. Eddie kissed her goodnight and left as she went inside her house. Her mom was sleep by now so she went up to her room unnoticed.

Eddie & Diane dated for a year and then broke up because Eddie had plans and Diane had different plans. Eddie joined the Temptations & Diane stayed with the Primettes who later changed their name to the Supremes.

Diane contacted Berry Gordy and The Supremes performed.

Diane: Did you like it?

Gordy: No. I loved it.