Marlon David Jackson

The next day Michael woke up in his king sized bed and a head-ache. His face felt like it was tighter because of the tears that he cried had dried up. Michael laid there in bed and called off work.

Michael reached over to his phone and dialed Diana's number. It rang and rang until Diana's answering machine picked it up.

'Hello! This is the Slibertstein's residence. We are sorry that we could not get to talk to you but if you leave your name and number, we will gladly get back to you soon.'

Beeeeep

Michael: Hello Diana, this is Michael. I was calling because I don't think that I can make it to work today. I don't feel alright and I hope that you understand. But I promise that I will make up for my time missing from my job. God bless you and Robert. Goodbye.

Michael then hung up the receiver sighing and laid back in bed with his hand placed onto his forehead.

At that moment, Ola came into the room smiling and Michael instantly sat up.

Ola: Goodmorning Michael.

Michael looked at her as if he were annoyed which made Ola's smile fade.

Michael: Where were you all this time?

Ola: I-... I was at work.

Michael: Doing what?

Ola: Modeling. Michael you should know that.

Michael: Why didn't you call?

Ola didn't answer him. Michael looked at his nightstand that was right next to his bed and saw the magazine laying there. Michael took it into his hands and looked at it.

Michael: Why do you reveal yourself to other people?

Ola: What are you talking about?

Michael looked at Ola with an intense glare. Ola shifted a little because she felt uncomfortable with his glare.

Michael: This.

Michael tossed the book to the edge of the bed. Ola looked at it and was speechless. Michael's voice was so calm. He only was like this when he was furious and he was.

Ola: What are you doing with this junk?

Michael placed his hand onto his chin and looked down.

Michael: Why are you on the front cover?

Michael said slightly raising his voice enough so that it's noticeable and looking her dead into her eyes. Ola didn't bother to even try to answer his question.

Michael: Why are you on the front cover?

He said once more while getting out of his bed and not maintaining his calm composure any longer.

Ola: Stop yelling at me!

Michael: Why didn't you tell me?

Ola: Because I didn't want to loose you!

Michael looked at Ola and let a tear fall out of his right eye, roll onto his cheek, and fall off of his face.

Michael: Well you never would have lost me if you had told me the truth!

Ola looked at Michael blankly. He said she never would have. Michael looked at Ola and calmed himself down.

Michael: You are going to choose. Right here. Right now.

Ola: Choose what, Michael?

Michael: Me

Michael pointed to the magazine.

Michael: or this life that you have going on.

Ola: What do you mean?

Michael: Are you going to continue to strip for everyone to see out there at you job, or are you going to quit and marry me?

Ola: Im not going to quit!

Michael felt hurt but he still pointed to the door. He was not about to let everyone see her. That was for his eyes and his eyes only.

Michael: Then there's the door.

Ola stood there at Michael's door staring him down.

Ola: Fine. And take your damn ring! I don't want it or your love!

Ola said taking off the ring and throwing it at him. The ring missed Michael and landed onto the bed. Ola walked out of the door slamming it as Michael sat onto his bed full of regret. It wasn't his fault but this had to be done.

Michael went into his bathroom and started the shower up. His head now felt as if he had smashed it against the wall multiple times. As Michael got undressed, he observed the white blotches on his hands, legs, and neck.

Michael: Oh god.

Michael sighed.

Michael: It gets worst everyday.

Michael got into the shower and just stood there, letting the hot and steamy wetness run down his body. The water relieved some of the stress that he had carried around all the time about Ola, Diana, work, and etcetera.

Michael got out of the shower about twenty minutes later and went to bed. Michael just laid there in his king sized bed....

Alone....

Again....

Michael: Why do I always have to go and mess things up?

Michael then thought about Ola and the good times that they used to have together. What Ola had that no other girl in the world would ever have was his first kiss.

--------

Michael & Ola are on campus sitting under the big willow tree, talking together about things that go on everyday. Michael & Ola were sharing things about their childhood.

Ola: I grew up in Japan with my parents and my brothers and sisters used to always have fun with each other. We always had something to do but we were never allowed outside our house because of certain events. When we finally did get to go outside we took advantage of it but I flew to America.

Michael: Why did you leave?

Ola: I think that there is more to the world than inside the doors of a Japanese household of nine.

Michael: Wait a minute, you had eight siblings?

Ola: Yeah.... Why? How many do you have?

Michael grinned.

Michael: I grew up with eleven other people.. Well, twelve if you want to count Diana.. I have nine brothers and sisters and my parents make up eleven.

Ola's eyes got wide as she smiled.

Ola: Really? You have to tell me how life was like for you all in America.

Michael cringed at the memories that flooded his mind. Michael hesitated but began and when he finished he let one tear fall down his face.

Michael: And that was my life.

Ola looked at Michael baffled. She had no idea how miserable his life was.

Ola: Michael don't cry.

Ola wiped away Michael tear and they looked each other into their eyes.

They got closer and closer to one another. Then it happened. Ola laid down onto the grass as Michael hovered over top of her while their lips were still synchronized. When they pulled away they were breathless. Ola caressed his cheek. Michael smiled, took Ola's hand into his, and laid down next to her.

Michael: I Love You.

Ola: I.. I love you too Michael.

--------

Michael cherished that day and after that day, he thought that they would be together forever.

Michael & Ola....

Wasn't meant to be.