Katherine Esther Screws/Jackson

Michael is now 22 and coming back home from college because he went to early college in High School. When he returns, the first thing on his mind is Diana & his beloved mother, Katherine.

Diana is now 20 and ever since Michael had left, she would go to clubs with her girls and sing or sit in her room and think. She thought about the day Michael asked her out and she said 'no' in a very weird way. She thought about what he said and where he was right now. She never thought the day would come when she'd see him again. Two years was all it took and everyday was a pain. She'd tug and pull on the phone that they made but no one would ever answer except Janet periodically.

She thought that he didn't love her anymore like he did in the past. She heard a car door close and she got up and looked outside to see a dark skinned figure with curly hair hugging Katherine. She didn't recognize him.

She sat back down on her bed and started to cry. Just then she heard a knock on her door.

Diana: Please go away mom, I'm not in the mood right now.

She said through her tears as she buried her face within a pillow, holding it tight, thinking about her only love, her best friend.... Michael.

Michael walked over to her and sat on the bed. Diana turned and had her tears wiped away by Michael and held him tight.

Michael: Diana, why are you crying?

Diana looked Michael in his eyes as he wiped the remaining tears away and smiled.

Diana: I can't stand to be away from you so long. Everyday without you was horrible for me and it gave me time to think about all the years that we grew up together. But what killed me the most was when I denied you to be my man. My one and only. My love.

Michael: It's okay now. I'm here.

And with that, he kissed her forehead and rocked her slowly.

Diana: Michael.....

Michael: Yes?

Diana looked up into Michael's eyes and spoke in a soft voice.

Diana: I love you.

Michael didn't know what to say. He was happy that she loved him but it was too late. He is with someone.

Michael: I love you too..... as my sister.

Diana pulled away from Michael and looked down into her hands, later putting her head down in them.

Michael: Why are you crying?

Michael asked, even though he knew why. Diana looked at him with tears streaming down her face like leaves falling in the Fall getting ready for the Winter to come.

Diana: You know why. I hate rejection. I'm sorry I rejected you on my sixteenth birthday but now I know what I feel and what I feel is love. And that love is towards you, Michael! Yes! I Love You! I Really Do! And I Am Not Afraid To Tell The Whole World About It!

Diana said standing up when she raised her voice.

Michael: Diana, please listen and sit down.

He said taking her hand into his.

Diana: NO! I DON'T SEE YOU FOR TWO YEARS, THEN WHEN I DO SEE YOU I POUR MY HEART OUT TO YOU, AND YOU REJECT ME!? WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I LOVE YOU!

Diana said as she snatched her hand away from his. Michael looked down and thought about what she said. Diana stopped yelling and looked at Michael for a second and then walked past him to the other side of the bed. She heaved a long sigh and then continued to talk.