Te Amo

Disclaimer : Just wanted to let you know that I still don't own Harry Potter.

~~~~~

Chapter 11

"Why. Is. This. Not. Working?" Lily said, each word punctuated with a wave of her wand. Everyone had gone to bed and she was still stuck practicing the Transfiguration spell.

She waved her wand to the left, flicked it to the right and brought it down in a semicircle. The cushion in front of her remained a cushion.

"Stupid non-verbal spells." she muttered.

"Evans?"

Lily turned around and saw Sirius standing at the doorway, at least half a dozen butterbeer bottles stacked in his hand.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Transfiguration." Lily said, slouching down in her chair.

"I didn't know you were bad at Transfiguration." he said.

Lily snorted. "I barely passed the exam last year."

"Ah, a flaw has been found." he said, grinning.

"I'm not perfect, Black." she replied.

"James doesn't think so." he muttered.

"What?" she asked, not having heard what he said.

He shook his head, kept the bottles down on the table and sat down on another chair.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked.

"You just did." Lily said.

Sirius rolled his eyes. "Evans!"

"Okay, fine. Fine. What is it?"

"Why don't you like James?"

Lily tensed a bit. Nobody had ever just straight up asked her something like that. Sirius was looking at her expectantly and she struggled to come up with an answer.

"I never said that I don't like him." she said, choosing her words carefully, "Haven't you noticed? We stopped fighting now. We came to a peaceful agreement."

"That's not what I meant. And you know it very well. Stop going off the track, Evans."

"Sirius, it's --" Lily was saved from Sirius's interrogation when James walked into the room. Never in her life had she been so happy to see James Potter.

His hair was still wet from the shower and he looked like he was coming back from Quidditch practice. There was a parchment in his hand which he folded and kept in his pocket as the portrait door closed behind him.

"Padfoot, that corridor --" he stopped when he saw Lily. "Hey, Evans!"

"How was try outs?" she asked.

"We got two new chasers." he said, "What are you doing up so late?"

"Evans here is having some trouble with Transfiguration. Since you are the expert, we were waiting for you." Sirius said, slyly. Lily glared at him.

I wasn't waiting for him.

"I'll leave you two alone then." Sirius said. "Goodnight, Evans."

Sirius winked at Lily when he reached the top of the stairs and Lily stopped herself from throwing her book at his face.

I have terrible aim anyway. It wouldn't reach anywhere near him.