Chapter 1

"Hannah? What should we have for dinner dear?" My mom asked while we drove down the highway. I was a bit zoned out and looked out the car window. I had just woken up from a nap before we went to Target.

"You there Honey?" My mom asked and turned around to face me in the back seat. She gave me a little poke to my thigh. I snapped out of my tired thoughts and looked at my mother.

"I asked, what do you want for dinner?" She said for the third time, but I hadn't heard it. I shook my head lightly and started to laugh at myself. "Mom, really I don't care... Sorry for zoning out like that, I don't know where I was." My mom and dad laughed.

"That's my girl." My dad turned his eyes to me and smiled. I couldn't help but smile back, I was such a daddy's girl and I loved him to death. That was the last thing that happened before...

"DAD! WATCH OUT!"

We hit another car that drove the wrong way, in our lane. He hit dead on and my dad couldn't avoid the impact. The airbags flew out and my seatbelt fastened around my chest.

I woke up. Another nightmare. Phillip came running into my room and took me in his arms, as soon as he got to my bed. I must have screamed again then... How would he know I was awake other wise.

"I'm sorry Phil..." I said quietly; my head buried in his neck.

"Don't be... It's okay now, I'm right here for you Sis." He said and gently rubbed my back until I calmed down. We sat like for some time, maybe a half an hour. We'd done this a few times before within the last couple months. It had been so hard for all of us, but I think I had the hardest time, because Dad was always the one I went to for advice or if I needed someone. He had always been there for me and now he wasn't anymore. I'm so glad to still have my mom and big brother, what would I have done without them. They were the only ones I had left after we moved across Canada. To Vancouver.

.....

I must have fallen asleep again while Phil held me because I woke to Mom calling my name from downstairs. "Hannah, breakfast's ready. Do you come down and eat with us before you go?" Oh yeah, it was my first day at my new school, Magee secondary school. 

"Coming Mom, give me two minutes!" I yelled back to her from my room. 

I got up and went to my closet, I had no idea on what to wear. I wondered what the other kids at the school wore. I went with a plain outfit, that consisted black skinny jeans and a My Chemical Romance t-shirt with a navy dark blue hoodie over top. I didn't know if the school had air condition and it was pretty cold in November in Canada. I walked to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like something a cat had dragged inside. I quickly washed my face and applied some mascara and eyeliner. Then I brushed my hair and teeth and went downstairs to eat.

"That took it's time huh?" Phillip said as I came down the stairs. 

I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

 "I couldn't decide on what to wear okay?" I walked over to the table and sat down. Mom had made pancakes and eggs. God, I was hungry! I quickly ate, because I had to leave for school. Phillip was already out of high school and shouldn't start at his college before a month. I was slightly jealous, but he had promised to drive me on my first day. I went upstairs to get my backpack and then I was ready to go. Or so to say I was physically ready, inside I had a panic attack.

"You ready?" Phil said as we pulled up to the schools parking lot.

"You know how I feel about new people Phil..." I said and looked down at my feet.