Chapter 28

*Josh's Pov*

Today is the last check-up I have before my two months in here is over. I really hope I've gained enough weight for me to go home. I'm actually nervous because I don't want to be here anymore. It sucks in here. They keep so much track on you that it makes you sick. I couldn't wait to have some privacy again. I also couldn't wait to see my girl again. I can't believe it's been two months since I saw her. I'm still sad over the way I left her. We should have talked it out before I had to leave. It was stupid but it doesn't matter anymore. I just need to get home to her now. 

"Hey, Ramsay! If you want to go to the doc early then there's a free spot now because someone got sick," Someone yelled from the hall. 

"Thanks," I yelled back. 

I hadn't made friends in here but there were a few good fellas. I put my converse on and walked down to Doctor or Chris. We were apparently on first names after Andrew... raped me? I have a hard time remembering what actually happened. As I walked down the halls, I couldn't help but think about Hannah. Just getting to hold her hand again and hug her made me smile like someone crazy. I peeked into Chris's room and saw him waiting for his next patient. 

"There was a free spot now right?" I asked as I walked in.

"Hi, Josh... Yes, take a seat, please," He said.

"Can we just weigh me and see if I can go home today?" I said.

"If you weight enough... Then you can go home tomorrow morning," He said.

"Ugh, I hate rules..." I said.

"I know you do. Let's check you," He said and we got up.

He checked my weight compared to my height, then he checked for symptoms of craving. I felt good and was ready to get home. I couldn't see anything that was not what it was supposed to be. All the numbers looked good to me. 

"Well, Joshua... I think there's someone who has to go back to his room and pack," Chris said.

"Thank you, Doc. Take care of yourself and the others," I said and smiled.

We signed a few papers and then I was no longer trapped in here. I could get picked up as soon as the center opened up tomorrow. I headed back to my room and started packing all my stuff. It wasn't much so once I was done, I went to use my last phone call. I wanted to surprise Hannah so I called my dad to come and pick me up in the morning. I was so excited to come home and see everybody. The rest of the day went by really slowly though. It was actually annoying to wait until I could go to bed. I went to sleep as soon as I could. I was bad at falling asleep. I had been dealing with insomnia since I was about ten and normally it didn't bother me that much because before I met Hannah, I had nothing to wake up to so I didn't feel like I needed to sleep. Now though, I want to fall asleep so I can see her again every day. I think I must have been laying in "my bed" for about five hours before I fell asleep and when I woke up it was 5:45 am. My dad would be here in two hours, more specifically at eight. Hannah and I would have the whole day together and just have us time. I headed out to grab some breakfast and took a good amount of time to eat. It still felt weird to force food down. I was just sitting and talking with a few of the dudes I had got to know over the two months. The clock passed 7:30 am and I headed to my room to pick up my suitcase and backpack. I walked to the reception and waited for my dad. 

"We hope to not see you here again," The receptionist said.

"Me too... Bye," I said.

I walked outside and took a deep breath. I saw my dad's car holding parked just down the road. I waved as I saw him in the side mirror. He got out and had a huge smile on his face. We greeted each other with a long hug.