Chapter 20

"Josh, wait up!" I yelled.

He had run all the way outside and was walking down the road. It was hard keeping up with him because I was quite small and didn't have long legs. Brennen was right there with me and we went a few hundred meters down the road before Josh stopped up and sat down on the pavement. I walked slowly up to Josh and asked Brennen to stay behind. 

"Josh... What are you mad about?" I asked sweetly.

"Why are you hanging out with him when you could hang with me?" Josh asked.

I sat down next to him and folded my hand together, it was a little cold out at this time of the day. The sun was down and the wind was blowing cold air on my bare arms. Josh had his jacket on, he looked fucking handsome in that suit. 

"You know Josh, Brennen is really sweet and he was sitting all alone earlier so I thought he needed someone to talk to and you were talking to Matt and Andrew, I didn't want to burst into your conversation and I also didn't want to leave Brennen alone again," I told Josh.

"Really?" Josh looked over at me. "Why were you ignoring me then?" He asked.

"Because of what you said earlier to Matt about our sex... I didn't find that funny," I said.

"I didn't mean to upset you, sweetheart... It was only a joke. Matt and I always joke around with such things, just like we did before... everything happened," Josh said with a sigh. 

"I just wanted you to know that I didn't like what you said," I said.

"I know that now, baby... I'm sorry," Josh said and hugged me tightly. "You're really cold. Here take my jacket," Josh took off his jacket and put it on me. "Isn't that nicer?" Josh asked.

"It is," I looked into his eyes, they were almost dark blue at night. "Thank you," I said.

The only light that was, came from the moon and a really bad twitching street light some meters away. His white shirt was easy enough to see but the rest of his clothing was so dark that I only could see the figure of his body with the lighting I had to work with. I still found him extremely attractive and I knew exactly how he looked so I didn't need light to know what his beautiful face and his irresistible body looked like. Those images were super clear in my head. 

"Don't thank me... I've been a dick," Josh said.

"Well, so was I... We are even now though, right?" I said.

"We are..." Josh leaned his forehead against mine. "I love you, baby..." He said.

"I love you too and sorry for not talking to you all day..." I said softly.

"It's okay..." Josh said.

I closed my eyes as I knew everything was okay. I was relieved and happy now that Josh and I had talked things out. Josh held around me all this time we were sitting there and rubbed circles on my back with his palms. One of his hands left my back and moved to my neck. With his thumb in front of my ear, he held my head and pressed his lips to mine in a quick but perfect touch. I had missed the feeling of him being so close to me, missed his touch. Josh was kissing me hard and I think he was a little drunk. I hadn't kept an eye out for what he had been drinking but I had gotten a few drinks. I had to admit, it was kinda cute that he had missed me so much that he needed to kiss me this bad. It wasn't like the best kiss ever because of his drunk moves but it was sweet, he was so sweet to me. 

"Guys? I'll head back inside. Glad you two figured everything out," Brennen said.

I jumped. I had totally forgotten Brennen went with me out, Josh had once again taken over my mind with his voice and touch. When Josh also realized who the voice came from, he backed out from our kiss and looked me straight in the eyes. His look was sinner and dark. It was definitely not the blue, smiling and happy eyes I normally saw. Josh stood up. He walked fast towards Brennen, who was just quietly walking back to Sara's house. I got up too because I didn't want to just sit there if the guys went inside. It was weird though, why was Josh leaving without taking me with him? I walked after them and saw Josh grabbed Brennen's shoulder. He turned him around in a fast move. Brennen reached up to remove Josh's hand but Josh started yelling.