Chapter 17

"Then we went out and had a really nice dinner, just my mom and I. The food was amazing and I'm still so full. I wouldn't be able to get a bite down even if I got paid for it," I said.

I was on the phone with Josh. As promised I had called him to tell him how the afternoon went. He was quietly listening when I told him about the dress haunting and how long it took, omg... It was almost bedtime for me as it was a school night. I didn't want to sleep though, I just wanted to talk with my boyfriend.

"Sounds like you two had a really good time today," Josh said.

"I missed you though..." I told Josh.

"Hey, you... I'll pick you up after school tomorrow. How does that sound?" Josh asked.

"Good..." I said.

"Now, you have to get to bed... I love you, baby. Sweet dreams, alright?" Josh said.

"I love you too. I'll try to dream about you because I really wanna see that spectacular body of yours and those ocean eyes," I smiled at the sight that formed in my head. 

"Stop it. You're too tired, you're not thinking straight. Get ready to sleep now or I won't let you kiss tomorrow," Josh threatened. 

"Okay..." I waited for a little while, listening to Josh's breathing. "But I know you can't resist me anyway so don't start acting like a tough boy," I teased.

"You're right, too bad my weakness is you..." Josh said and ended the call without further due. 

I was already laying in bed and I really didn't want to get up just to go to the bathroom. Though I had to because I still was on my period, I needed to change pad. Eventually, I got up and went out to the bathroom and got everything done. It was about 10:30 when I was back in bed and ready to sleep. I fell asleep after 20 minutes maybe, I didn't dream of anything in particular but I would hear Josh's voice from time to time. There were no visible images to see in my dream, only voices telling me how good I was and that I would make it. Such dreams sometimes scare me because they're just existing somewhere dark in my head. I don't like the dark. 

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing from my phones speaker. It was time again to get up and go to the place I felt alone. The school day was very hard and long when the only people you talked to was the teachers you asked if they could help you with a difficult question or task but you would get through it because you knew your fantastic boyfriend was waiting for you to walk out of those big heavy doors. You would fight through the day no matter what that meant. That could be you just was tired but it could also be facing people who had betrayed you and people you thought you could trust but such people weren't the ones who you got presented to and you're too afraid to ask if you could sit and eat lunch with those who seem nice. 

"I can't believe you actually got together with that loser of an addict named Josh Ramsay," 

I turned around in my chair, it had just ringed out for the last time and was about to pack my stuff down in my bag when Ashly spoke up. I hated her, I hated her so much for being such a bitch towards both me and Josh. How dare she speak about Josh like that. He means the whole world to me and I wouldn't be able to have a smile on my face if it wasn't for him. 

"At least he didn't use me to get close to a teacher!" I yelled at her and walked fast out of the classroom to get away from her.

"BITCH!" Ashly said and threw her water bottle at me. 

I ran down the hallway in drenched clothes, I tried to avoid eye contact with anyone. I wanted to hide in Josh's chest now more than I wanted earlier. People looked at me, I could just sense it. Everyone thought I was a freak because I didn't have any friends. How did I actually manage to go through this every day without a single one who I could just talk to? I only had Mom, Phillip, and Josh. That's what I had, nothing else. I saw the doors at the end of the hallway. Josh was waiting for me just outside those doors and I knew that when I saw him, I would forget about school, about what happened because I knew I was safe with him.