Chapter 11

I had showered, actually put on a dress and was ready for the dinner in an hour. I was so excited to see Josh again and what he would say about me wearing a dress for the first time since Dad's funeral. I only wore dresses for special occasions and this definitely was special for me. My mom was just starting to prepare the dish in the kitchen as I walked in to set up the table. 

"A dress?" My mom said.

"Yes, what do you think? Is it fine enough?" I asked. I was pretty nervous. 

"You look beautiful, Hannah... Is Phillip ready and dressed?" My mom said.

"Let me just set the table and then I'll go check on him," I said and began to place the plates and folding napkins for the four of us. The table looked way nicer when it was made for four people rather than three. Normally there was just something that was missing at the empty spot on the table. The spot my dad used to fulfill. When I finished setting the table, I walked down to Phil's room. His door was slightly open and I could see he was putting on a claret-colored dress shirt on. To go with it, he just had some black jeans. I knocked on the door even though it was open. Phil turned around and gave me a smile.

"I see you're dressing up too," Phil said and buttoned the last button on his shirt. "Mom told me to put this on... Did she force you as well?" Typical Phil, never wanted to wear anything apart from a t-shirt and jeans. 

"No, I chose to put this on. Do you think it's too much?" I said and looked down at myself. It was just a nice half-long dark blue dress and I was wearing leggings underneath, Josh wasn't going to look at anything while my family was around. 

"Oh..." Phil scratched the back of his neck. "Don't you think it's a little too... I don't know, sexy for a family dinner?" He said and ran his hand through his hair.

"It's supposed to look like this. It's only right over the knees, Phil. Anyways Mom just wanted me to check if you were ready, I'll go again," I said and turned to head out of Phillip's room. 

"You look great, sis. I'm sorry for being such a jerk... You're just excited," Phil said.

"Don't worry about it and you look good as well," I smiled and walking back to help Mom in the kitchen. Half an hour passed and everything was ready to set on the table. Now we just needed Josh to arrive, I begged God that he wouldn't be late. 

"Have you heard from him, sweetie?" Mom asked while sitting the temperature on a lower heat so the food wouldn't burn. "Everything's ready," I knew and nodded.

"I'm sure he'll be here soon, it's only two minutes past six," I said to defend Josh even though I didn't mean to. It just sorta slipped out and I know he should fix this bad habit of his. Three minutes passed and it was now 6:05 pm. A knock on the door was heard by the two of us standing in the kitchen waiting. I went to open the door for Josh while Mom called for Phillip. I grabbed the handle and slowly opened to see a tall boy standing in a white dress shirt with a black t-shirt underneath along with some black skinny jeans. He looked a bit different and I saw why when I looked up into his eyes. Black and blue, fresh cut hair hang down on his face and covered most of his right eye. It suited him very well and I loved it immediately. 

"Hi, Josh... You colored your hair," I said in the door opening. 

"You don't like it?" He asked nervously. 

"I love it..." I said and took a step forward to hug him. 

"Thank god, I was so afraid you wouldn't like it," Josh said.

"You could literally do anything and I would love it... Apart from shaving your head," I told him.

"So what you're saying is, that if I got cancer and had to take chemo, you wouldn't love me anymore?" Josh teased.